Who makes add ons for xplane, like aerosoft makes for fsx?

Eduard Gasull

If I check the X-plane section of Simmarket I see that Taburet makes quite a lot of add-ons, However, these are mostly VFR add-ons (photoreal cities) and not airports. For airports I think Aerosoft is the largest payware publisher when it comes to X-plane. Furthermore I don't know X-plane that well, but I figure Taburet is something to check out.

aerosoft should focusing more on x-plane i think, because plane is the future. FSX in 10 years will be unsufull or very oldest. and x-plane still updating, don't know. Im trying x-plane right know, and of course i prefer FSX, because you can use many add ons and you can build a hole world inside fsx i love to collection aerosoft add ons. But x-plane its cool because you can run it better with a low settings computer.

• Aerosoft

Well we sure try hard to support X-Plane. I believe that seeing over the last 12 months we have become the biggest publisher in X-Plane add-ons and we currently have several X-Plane add-ons in production. We have also put X-Plane on STEAM and have started to sell our add-ons via that platform as well (with great success if I may say so).

But there are limits. For example projects like the Airbus are so large that we can only focus on the largest market and that is FSX+P3D at this moment.

aerosoft should focusing more on x-plane i think, because plane is the future. FSX in 10 years will be unsufull or very oldest. and x-plane still updating, don't know. Im trying x-plane right know, and of course i prefer FSX, because you can use many add ons and you can build a hole world inside fsx i love to collection aerosoft add ons. But x-plane its cool because you can run it better with a low settings computer.

Don't forget about P3D, wich I think will also become a key player. And since FSX and P3D are more alike I figure developers are more likely to support FSX and P3D than X-plane, wich is very different. The key to success is not being the best, but being the most compatible. X-plane may technically be the best, but P3D is the most compatible.

Well we sure try hard to support X-Plane. I believe that seeing over the last 12 months we have become the biggest publisher in X-Plane add-ons and we currently have several X-Plane add-ons in production. We have also put X-Plane on STEAM and have started to sell our add-ons via that platform as well (with great success if I may say so).

But there are limits. For example projects like the Airbus are so large that we can only focus on the largest market and that is FSX+P3D at this moment.

There is a new excellent plugin in beta now for exporting obj8 to mdl bt Step2Sky. If the Airbus is made with max or maja it would convert good. However i may depends on what library it is programmed in, take it is not lua?

I agree with Patrickz!

P3D is the future! The new version v2.3 is fantastic!

The biggest difference XP/P3D platforms is the visual - Magnificent!

No developer is crazy to want to stay out of this market - especially knowing that it (P3D) will inherit everything ever made for FSX !!!

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived