OOM already at holding point BNN (Heathrow Xtended)

EICAS

Dear Aerosoft

While its a great looking product I couldn't land my plane in my first flight into your airport. I flew without any photo sceneries active, and I am used to flying into major airports like FSDreamteam, FlightBeam and Flytampa.

I know you had VAS in mind, but this flight already crashed without warning over BNN holding point

• Aerosoft

And it crashes because your complete setup uses too much memory, Heathrow is only part of that of course. But as it is one of the biggest airports in the world it is demanding.

Did you take the advise given in the manual? And are you using 1k or 2k textures?

The best way to combat OOM errors is only activate the scenery you are using for a particular flight. For example, your DEP/DES and alternate airport. Anything else only adds to the VAS and if you are not flying there you do not need them active.

Search for SCENERY CONFIG EDITOR.

It is a FREE and easy to use programme that lets you edit your scenery.cfg with a click of a few buttons.

With your photoscenery already disabled, I suggest to deactivate other addon airports in the London area as well: If those ones are close to your approach path, they would also be loaded into your VAS otherwise (Stansted, Luton, London City, Gatwick).

A London cityscape (VFR London) could also be a factor, if installed. (I would not disable the latter one, but rather lower autogen settings, LOD radius and that sort of stuff instead.)

A burden overall (in VAS, but also in fps) could be AI traffic in that London airspace. You could also move those two sliders further to the left than usual. (Save your normal settings, and your new Heathrow settings, in two different profiles, preferably.)

Is the Scenery Configurator Editor a quicker route than just going into the scenery library within FSX and disabling the scenery that you do not need?

Also with ORBYX scenery and say I am flying in USA do I just disable the Europe ORBYX scenery.

This is all to help aleviate the dreaded OOM's.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Michael

• Aerosoft

Yes the scenery config editor will work fine. Disabling all you are not using will always help. The first step however should be a standard fsx.cfg with the highmem tweak as nearly every tweak increases memory use for very little gain.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is complete nonsense.

It's the same as if you would set the Sims Detail radius slider to MAX.

And would only make sense if the user would have set a higher value manually in the fsx.cfg.

Archived