Heathrow Xtended runway lights

skipy33

Hi,

Was just wondering if I have a "normal" behaviour of my Fsx when flying Heathrow Xtended at Sunset. I see wonderfull runway lights on the ad picture with sharp spotlights. On my Fsx the result isn't as beautifful. Look at the 2 pictures attached.

Any answer?

Thanks. Skip.

post-14455-0-12525500-1410198214_thumb.j

post-14455-0-88901200-1410198222_thumb.j

Well, I've X Graphics that may change Fsx default runway lights. Is Heathrow Xtended using them??? In this case I could try to get another choice for them for sure.

Skip.

Well,

I've made some tests:

- Rollback to standard Fsx halo.bmp file (I think Shockwave one is better)

- Check Fx_2.bmp is standard fsx one

- Add runway_lights_*_scalar in Fsx.cfg Display section

The result is very good on airports using fsx standard lights! But nothing changes on EGLL...

I've seen those file in EGLL texture folder :

RWY-LICHT, RWY-PAPIAS, etc...

I'm not sure Heathrow Xtended uses fsx default light system. Any ideas of what I can do now?

Thanks. Skip.

Me again... And sorry to spam!

I've found the root cause and the solution! Thanks Google!

I have a Matrox Triplehead 2Go and this is the root cause of my runway lights problem on many airports. Found a specialy designed halo.bmp file for it and now all is OK. Sorry to have think it could be a product problem. I think Aerosoft should mentioned this in their documents.

Best regards,

Skip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also having a problem with Runway lights on Heathrow XTended. The approach lights appear fine.

Th runway lights appear VERY dim at night on all outside views. No runway lights at all when viewed from the cockpit.

P3D V2.1. HDR Lighting on. NVIDIA Geforce 900.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Many thanks,

Graham

post-117286-0-92677800-1412229451_thumb.

Archived