NDB-frequencies ending with ' .5'

Gehirnspueler

Hi everybody,

its just a minor problem that I noticed today but I can't tune NDB-frequencies which ends with ' .5'. One example is the DY NDB at EDDL (284.5 kHz). The Twin Otter's ADF only allows 284 or 285 kHz but both won't tune the NDB... Or am I doing anything wrong???

As I said: really not a serious problem, but any chance of a fix?

David

The ADF radio simulated in the Twin Otter Extended represents the real unit where there are no decimal numbers:

.post-7458-0-61642000-1410210151_thumb.jp

I do understand the issue.

The thing is that in real life You don´t need to to tune the extact frequency. You will still get a usefull signal when the set frequency is close to the exact frequency.

F.eks if a NDB frequency is 341.5 then using 341 or 342 would still work.

In FSX Though the frequency must be set within .1 from the exact frequency.

I will see if I can do something to fix this, but cannot promise anything.

Finn

Hi Finn,

your work and the work of the whole Aerosoft team is really really great. The way you listen to your customers is so very different from the 'buy-it-and-shut-up attitude' of many other addon developers. For me 'Aerosoft' stands for high quality addons with an extraordinary customer support!!!

By the way sorry for opening a second topic with the .5-NDB thing. Before opening I performed a search with the words 'NDB' and 'ADF' but didn't find anything...

David

:bow_down2_s:

Thx for Your complement [emoji4]

Weird You didn't get any hits when searching.
Regardless though - always feel free to ask, when You need support, thats what a support forum is made for.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thx for Your complement [emoji4]

Weird You didn't get any hits when searching.

Wellknown problem with every forum software, that search strings with only 3 characters give no results

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Wellknown problem with every forum software, that search strings with only 3 characters give no results

I didn't know that either, Otto. Thanks for sharing.

Archived