OVER/UNDER CRUISE LEVEL AIRBUS

LFPG

Hi, my FSX is not working and I need the answers to these questions quite fast because I need to explain the system in front of my school! Really thanks to help! I have checked smartcockpit but nothing! Thanks:

Ok let me explain myself with 4 examples, here are my waypoints:

AGOPA: FL180
LORNI: FL220
MOPAR: FL240
BANOX: FL260
ORNIX: FL280
VADEK: FL320 (CRUISE ALTITUDE)
MERUE: FL320
SOKMU: FL320
KEREX: FL320
ROUEN: FL320

1) Ok, so we are in an A320/A330 and are climbing. We are over waypoint LORNI at FL220 and we enter in the MCDU STEP CLIMB (not at all realistic) from FL220 to FL330/MERUE. So the plane will go directely to FL330 till MERUE (we have entered FL330 managed in the FCU) and will automatically set FL330 as our new cruise altitude and will change waypoints SOKMU, KEREX, ROUEN to FL330, am I right for question 1?

2) You are at MERUE FL320, you cruise altitude and you change manually the altitude of KEREX to FL330, the plane will automatically set FL330 as new cruise altitude (with FL330 managed selected in the FCU). The plane will automatically change altitude of waypoint ROUEN to FL330. Am I right for question 2?

3) You are at SOKMU FL320 and you enter manually in the FMS KEREX FL170, but leave ROUEN as FL320. The plane will not descend and will delete altitude constraint of KEREX FL170. Am I right for question 3?

4) You are at MERUE FL320 (cruise altitude) and you enter in the FMS FL170 at SOKMU but leave ROUEN and KEREX at FL320. You enter FL30 in the FCU. The plane will start descending. But will it consider SOKMU as TOD and will automatocally change the other waypoints? What will happen for question 4?

PS: And if possible but less important:

5) What is the use of HOT BUS? Does it only work when BATTERIES are OFF???

6) How do we charge the BATTERIES?

7) How do we charge the emergency generator?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

AF330

No, we are simply friends. We talk a lot but we always have questions! No I am not AF330!

Kind regards,

LFPG

EDIT: Well, these questions are from me and AF330 (working for our project together)

Ha ha! Yes, my friend and me have more or less the same questions! Could you kindly- as I am sure you are the expert- answer to my (our) questions!

Thanks a lot!

LFPG

I'll ask one of our real world pilots if he can answer you. I honestly don't know the answers to all your questions myself lol

By the way, if you google for A320 FCOM or A320 FCTM you will easily find the real world manuals for the Airbus, those explain it all togeather.

I can assure you in there you'd find your answers ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Emi asked me to check out this topic.

Do not take this the wrong way but maybe you should find yourself another topic to explain at school. Judging from your questions you have almost no idea of the interaction between the FMS and the FCU and managed modes. Even if I gave you all the answers (which will cost me some time and can also be found by doing some research yourself) i doubt you could answer any follow up questions when you are at school.

My advice would be to stick with a topic you are familiar with already, it will make your presentation more authentic and you would be seen as more in control of the subject matter. Judging from your questions that would be the Boeing way of doing things FMS related.

Good Luck!

well thanks to everyone!

I will of course do (done) researches on my question. But my FSX is also not working and I can't reallychange my topic (we are workind on this since 4 months and we have to present it in 2 weeks!). If you could answer my questions, it will really be nice! Thanks for your time! Of course I will keep searching on google but I find that my questions are not really realistic but facts!

Once again thanks for your your precious time in advance!

Kind regards,

LFPG

it's a normal school. But we have to present a topic (of your choice/passion and present it in front of your class. Of course, it we will be on /40 coef 4

But I would like to get the answers. Not really think about marks but just give our best and explain airbus cockpits and our passion for aviation. If you could help if would be great!

• Aerosoft

The problem with answering your question is that there is so much to solve. It would include trying to explain a complete fbw navigation system and would take days to do. I advise you to use our Airbus projects and just try it. While we do cut some corners it should explain most and you can experiment as much as you want.

Well, you are right but these are not normal situations. I am of course working on it every day. But we will have to present it in front of our class and their parents and one of them is a 777 captain and of course we can't say wrong things. We hace tried different forums but we really would like to get the answers from a professional (we have a problem with FSX)

Archived