How to intercept Localizer and glideslobe

peter131176

Is it possible in this plane to intercept LOC in 30 deg angle so it would turn itself on a runway and glideslobe? I set up eg. EGGP 111.75 on Nav then I press app button on autopilot and nothing happend im passing runway heading.

As told in the other post You made....

Ensure that VLOC is shown instead of GPS on the GPS lower left corner.

Set the Course on the HSI to the runway heading.

Select APPR. - now turn to intercept the runway course, either using HDG or manually turn the aircraft.

AP must be on for APPR to work ofcourse.

Read the Manual VOL.2 page 14-17.

Finn

No - thats not how the APPR mode works.

Look on the autopilot annunciator lights.

There are:

NAV ARM - NAV CAP

GS ARM - GS CAP

Only when the NAV CAP light is on, will the autopilot steer the aircraft towards the localiser.

When NAV ARM is lit, then You have to steer Your aircraft either manually or by use of the autopilot HDG mode in order to intercept the localiser.

When the localiser has been intercepted the NAV ARM will automatically change to NAV CAP, HDG mode will be suspendet and the autopilot will start steering the aircraft towards the runway.

The intercept angle should not be greater than 30°.

Imaging Your runway course of 300° (RWY30). Set the HSI Course to 300° - this is called the ILS frontcourse.

You should be in a position relative to the runway that will make it possible for You to intercept the localiser course at a distance far enough way from the runway to both line You up for the runway and to intercept the glideslope.

With a ILS frontcourse of 300° and Your positioned on the right side of the extended RWY line You should set Your HSI heading bug to 270° (300÷30=270°)

If Your to the left of the extended RWY line, set Your heading bug to 330° (300+30=330°).

A good approach altitude would be 3000-2000 ft above runway elevation.

This is how the real unit works. It´s o magic wizard, You must learn how to use it in order to make it do what You want.

Finn

Thx a mil, I know practise and practise :) I can easely land without AP but I wanted to learn ILS as well on GA :) few months ago I took a lesson with my friend and he explained me but I stacked with Fly By Wire A320 and forgot :) I discovered after purchase of Twotter new flying which is amazing :)

Thx a mil, I know practise and practise :) I can easely land without AP but I wanted to learn ILS as well on GA :) few months ago I took a lesson with my friend and he explained me but I stacked with Fly By Wire A320 and forgot :) I discovered after purchase of Twotter new flying which is amazing :)

However, I flew 30 deg to LOC I had VLOC on GPS 111.75 in NAV1 I pressed NAV I was on Hdg bug and again I overflew stright ahead, no idea

Are You sure that You use a valid frequency ?

Note that the Navdata in FSX is from 2002. So using real charts newer than that means that the frequency might have changed. Use the FSX Map to find the correct frequency.

Also.... Did You see the NAV ARM and later the NAV CAP lights being lit

The HSI bar should also start to move as You apporach the localiser.

Frequencies for the APPR. function uses NAV1, wich has to be set on the GPS.

The Bendix King NAV radio with red LED numbers below the GPS is NAV 2 and is not used by the autopilot.

Finn

Finn, its working :) :) :) tremendous job you did with this aircraft, I didn't fly much on GA aircrafts before thats why I didn't know :) thx again for all your trouble and thx for video was very useful - thank you, thank you and thank you, have a great Sunday.

Archived