Speed management

Pedrodowd

Hi guys

Been having great fun flying this aircraft. Three of us got on a private server the other day and tried some formation flying. Two lightnings and a Vulcan. We've found it really tricky keeping a constant speed. I have my throttle mapped through fsuipc. We tried maintaining 350 which was the best speed the Vulcan could make, found ourselves on and off the speed brake but was virtually impossible to get a tight formation. Any advice would be great fully received

Pete

Hi guys

Been having great fun flying this aircraft. Three of us got on a private server the other day and tried some formation flying. Two lightnings and a Vulcan. We've found it really tricky keeping a constant speed. I have my throttle mapped through fsuipc. We tried maintaining 350 which was the best speed the Vulcan could make, found ourselves on and off the speed brake but was virtually impossible to get a tight formation. Any advice would be great fully received

Pete

Hi Pete

I really don't think there is any solution other than practice... Lots of it ! Fotmation flying in real life is hard enough , but in the sim you don't have the pysical sensations to give you those extra cues to what the aircraft is doing.

If you have twin throttles it is best to set one and use the other for speed control . Have you tried setting the airbrake to a slider or adjusting its opening time in the cfg so you have more precise

control ?

Lastly turn off the crash detection ... it would be a shame to get in all nice and snug just before you sneeze!

Sorry I have nothing more positive .

Dave R

• 3 weeks later...

Archived