100% Accurate American Repaint

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well it's not the first " mistake " and probably wont be the last .

Will create two new WANNE sections ( for the normal and NEO versions ) . So you will repackage the paints on the server ?

John

I can edit the textures for the SP and the box version if you want!

I would be delighted if you could make the update for the download section here!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I

Just sent the replacement textures ( even though the email address given was not correct - missing a " t " ) .

John

I have the textures!

• 2 months later...

So a bit of a update on something I've been working on. I've been looking at ways to really, really recreate the American base colors off and on for a couple of months. As you may or may not know, its really hard to do something like that in Photoshop. Impossible would be a better description as American uses a special kind of exterior paint on their aircraft (Silver Mica System) that has minute specks of silver colored chips in it. It's what gives the aircraft its almost glittery color. It's also what makes it appear dark grey and light white, depending upon the time of day, man-made or ambient light sources and the weather. John is aware of this as well, however, he's having some PC issues at present and is currently tackling those.

This is something that will need a lot of refining and tweaking before it really works. Simply a quick look at it.

dGVU5eR.png

Differences in reflectivity and the colors darken and lighten as the ambient light is changed. Should be able to see the silver specs in the paint now.

L6sbs6n.png

WxhXMyW.png

oE63Od2.png

• 1 month later...

By any chance DetCord will you be updating the A321 to v2 also?

V2 was a lot easier to do for the 319 given how the paint kit is setup, not so much for the the others. However, John created a master template for the 320's and 321's which should make the process a hell of a lot easier. I haven't gotten around to doing much for either the 320 or 321 lately, but should be updated some time this month or early April.

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on revised textures for the A321 . Have also discovered that N911UY has now been re-numbered N971UY and is a US Airways legacy aircraft ( which was not evident in the photo's taken after delivery ) , so the aircraft markings and cockpit textures will be changed .

Screenshots to follow .

John

• 2 weeks later...

As promised here are a couple of screens of N971UY . For some reason my anti-aliasing has gone haywire , so pay no attention to that ( DetCord makes better screenshots anyway ) .

post-29473-0-92133400-1431349115_thumb.j post-29473-0-56369500-1431349121_thumb.j

post-29473-0-73836300-1431349127_thumb.j post-29473-0-74668000-1431349132_thumb.j

Will be available for download shortly . And specially for Holgi , no WRONG belly section this time !!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little heads up, I downloaded the N110AN and N528UW and the livery manager installed them to the CFM model. In the readme, the description has it listed as CFM and that is why it ends up in the CFM model. I fixed it and got it installed, but I thought I'd let you know in case others have an issue.

Thanks for the heads up , will look into this . Another case of the Livery Manager " acting up " as the aircraft are installed in the correct folders before I packaged them for uploading .

It seems the mistake was all my fault ( this is what happens when you copy & paste large sections of text ) .

The Livery Manager reads the line description= to decide where to install a repaint , something I was not aware of . I always assumed it was based on the title or variation . Will pay more attention in the future !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would it be conceivable to get a repaint of one of the new A321 Hawaii subfleet aircraft (N118NN - N133NN)? They are ETOPS certified and will be taking over the LAX to Hawaii routes starting in August.

I totally understand if it's not, I am just curious since American is designating these specific aircraft as a subfleet primarily for Hawaii routes and it'd be great to have one in the FSX hangar.

Just had a look in their fleet list and as far as the markings are concerned , there is not much difference ( to the " other " paints that are already uploaded . It seems that the elevator end plates are being painted on all aircraft now though .

The series 118 through 133 isn't a problem though ( they don't all end on NN ) , so do you have a particular registration in mind ?

Just had a look in their fleet list and as far as the markings are concerned , there is not much difference ( to the " other " paints that are already uploaded . It seems that the elevator end plates are being painted on all aircraft now though .

The series 118 through 133 isn't a problem though ( they don't all end on NN ) , so do you have a particular registration in mind ?

I don't have a preference on which registration is done since they are all identical configurations from what I have seen. I guess I'd say N133AN (the fleet list I first looked at had it listed as NN) since its the last one that was delivered.

N133AN is one of the few where I have no selcal code . This can change though .
Here's a list of the reg's with ( at the moment ) no selcal code :

N126AN c/n 6313 fleet code 858
N127AA c/n 6334 fleet code 859
N128AN c/n 6346 fleet code 860
N130AN c/n 6407 fleet code 862

Anyone with info feel free to drop a line here or PM .

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, I just see something was removed. There was a post from somebody who claimed he was with Avsim and was angry with the painters and AS because of some text file or something. His tone was probably the reason why the post is not there anymore.

Archived