100% Accurate American Repaint

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because it is a preview of a " Work in Progress " , there's still a lot to be done before releasing , a few clicks with the mouse and everything can change .

Tailfin and tail section are not yet complete . Also , as pointed out above the initial paint will be for the A320 . Have no idea of the A318 / 319 model and / or paintkit just like anyone else , that's even if DetCord or myself actually buy it when released .

With some luck DetCord will be able to show screens of the progress ( if any ) . That's his decision and not mine to make , it's his project , I am only giving a helping hand with certain parts of the paint .

John

PS : If you are reading this Mathijs , I am still waiting for my ( free ) beer .

As accurate as it is with everything... Isn't that "A" a bit too tall??

As John stated it's still a WIP.

Firstly, I am using the materials directly provided by American themselves and aligning them according to schematics and hi-def photos that are available. Second, every Airbus airframe is different in config per airline order, and the AXE model does not take this into consideration. You're always going to see differences no matter how spot on the colors, alignment and other aspects might be.

It should also be noted that there is no font to work with. The lettering is being hand jammed. American uses a corporate copyrighted version of Helvetica and not available to the public. You can buy a license to use this font, but it retails for around $4500.

I think you need to use " crowd funding " , shouldn't be a problem .

After an exchange of messages , here are some screens of the tail section for the A320 ( and eventually A321 ) . Didn't want to add that these screens are a " Work in Progress " so I placed it in the screenshots as well .

post-29473-0-17734400-1410279772_thumb.j

post-29473-0-98707600-1410279782_thumb.j

post-29473-0-63015700-1410279789_thumb.j

post-29473-0-87769400-1410279798_thumb.j

Click for larger picture .

John

Looks great Mr. Glanville. Superb!

Yep. John is doing absolutely splendid work here.

I think you need to use " crowd funding " , shouldn't be a problem

John

For the font? LOL! I'm certain people would easily fund this. ;)

A couple of screens , again a " Work in Progress " , registration is just a " place holder " and could be changed at a moments notice ( there are 66 to choose from ) . Same applies to comments on colours as this is just FSX with no mods and no specific time of day .

post-29473-0-94958400-1410465448_thumb.j

post-29473-0-98546300-1410465458_thumb.j

Click for larger image .

John

John and I are in the finishing stages here. Just doing some test flights and making sure everything is good to go. Expect a upload in the next 10 hours or so.

xTkKo7Y.png

d2iUk8y.png

Thank you very much for sharing this with us and congratulations on this fantastic work! :)

This is just breathtaking job, exceptional detail is seen here. I know that it might be quite early, but shall we be positive about you repainting for the upcoming a319
thank in advance

Saif Salama

Looks fantastic.

One quick question, will you be adding the "operated by UsAirways" signage by L1 or is this a futuristic repaint assuming the SOC? Either way looks great.

Looks fantastic.

One quick question, will you be adding the "operated by UsAirways" signage by L1 or is this a futuristic repaint assuming the SOC? Either way looks great.

:)

7ETJHoK.png

I know that it might be quite early, but shall we be positive about you repainting for the upcoming a319

Saif Salama

Maybe.

EDIT - @fenriz No, I'm not a fan of the 737 whatsoever. Highly unlikely John or myself will look to do the same for the PMDG version of the 737.

This is brilliant. Don't know if you're already doing this or not, but do you think you can apply this to the IAE (America West) aircraft as well? I know there are a few of us from the PHX area that would love to have them. Thanks.

This is brilliant. Don't know if you're already doing this or not, but do you think you can apply this to the IAE (America West) aircraft as well? I know there are a few of us from the PHX area that would love to have them. Thanks.

They were all integrated into the US Airways fleet back in 05-06 or leased to other operators, so I'm not entirely sure what you want. The A320 (Neo Retrofit) is in the works following this one. A IAE version will likely follow.

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/America-West-Airlines

Archived