Oslo FSX V2 Afcad Issue

Olly22

Hi there fellow simmers, after downloading Aerosoft Oslo V2.0, i attempted editing the afcad to assign all airlines to their correct gates. However after editing just ONE gate i.e Adding NAX or SAS asn the airline code, upon loading the scenery the ground textures (mostly the grass areas) appear grey.

post-114483-0-75063300-1409315437_thumb.

So simply roll back and don't blame the addon when you are doing something wrong. ;)

I am not blaming anything i am simply stating what has happened. I have edited hundreds of afcads from various software companies including many from Aerosoft however this one does this. I have done nothing wrong here so thank you for your completely pointless and unhelpful answer. :mallet_s:

it looks like there are some libraries embedded in the AFCAD that get lost ore srewed when editing it with ADE.

I could reduce the impact by removing the apron polys - but it's not really nice to look at.

there was a thread about this quite shortly after release where it was stated, that no workaround would/could be given because they can't support user edits.

It's a bit of a pity as I also would like to customize the parkings to my likings/rw conditions.

Happy landings

juergen

You can try removing everything except gate/parking assignments and taxiways in your edited AFCAD and using it together with the original AFCAD, but give it a name that makes it appear higher in the folder. This way I think FSX might use the edited AFCAD for parking and taxiways etc, but use the original AFCAD for the rest.

I did this with another airport and it worked (as far as I could see), but I can't guarantee anything. Worth a shot. :)

Kay

• 2 months later...

Some of these Aerosoft airports will, when opended with the Scruffyduck Airport Design Editor, loose some of the model information when used and the airport will not be so nice afterwards like grass, tower placement and some buildings. After nearly giving up I tried to use the amount of money that is equivalent of 10 liter of gasoline (here in Norway) to buy the. "Airport Facilitator X 1.10) from Flight1. It works well on Win7- 64 Bits version and you can move cargo flights to the Cargo stands, add new airlines and other thing that is needed for the "parking business" without loosing the nice things delivered from Aerosoft. This product is working directly against the BGL-file and it is wise to take backup before you start or using a regime with save as and rename the bgl-files.

Svein

Archived