Asus Xoner DGX Audio Driver Bug/Loss of checklist sounds[Solved]

Doogie

To anyone with an Asus Xoner Soundcard that experiences loss of checklist sounds and other audio bugs with the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended I have discovered a fix. I noticed a few other Asus useres having this issue on the forums and I had a thread running about it but it was locked.

I found this by accident after trying to record some video with the PMDG 777 and noticed that DXTory was not recording the engine sounds, yet all other sounds were present. After a little resaerch I have found out that the Asus Xoner Audio driver/application has a bug with the GX enhancemant. This is a gaming enhancement and the bug seems to cause all sorts of issues in various games/sims. This has been discussed on the winamp forums and others.

My soundard is one of the less expensive Asus Xoner DGX`s, so I`m not sure if the fix applies to more expensive cards.

The trick is to disable GX enhancement as shown below in the screenshot below. My Airbus sounds are back perfect after doing this.

AirbusXExtendedSounds_zpsa2ef036d.jpg

Hope this helps anyone running into sound issues with the Airbus and this audio setup. It was driving me crazy for months.

Cheers Doogie

Archived