VFR Germany 2 North/German Airports 3 (Hamburg FSX)

RickJH

Hi Everyone,

I'm assuming this topic may have been covered before (& apologise if it has) but I recently purchased VFR germany 2,3 & 4 & I flew from Hamburg Airport (German airports 3) & noticed the landmarks are doubling up (see attached pic - TV Tower, Radisson Hotel, Rathaus, factories etc etc.).

I read there is a scenery config tool for VFR germany but I don't want to naturally turn off all my landmarks as this seems to affect the Hamburg area only.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Rick :confused_s:

post-94500-0-36013900-1409067429_thumb.j

Hi,

I use Ground Environment X Europe....

In that case the VFR Germany excludes for default buildings don't catch them anymore because UTX moved them to different (but not necessarily the right) locations.

If I recall right the UTX Manager Tool allows you to remove those relocated default buildings.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

I don't have Ultimate Terrain - only Ground Environment X (GEX) & I don't see any option for modifying the scenery region (see attached manual).

Strange really as they are both by Aerosoft - I did read that if you have German Landmarks installed (which I don't), this can be modified to avoid such problems.

I only have German Airports 3 - 2012 Hamburg & VFR Germany packages - Hamburg doesn't have any editor for scenery objects, VFR does but disables the entire German region eg. North, South, East or West, whichever is installed.

Frustrating!

Thanks

Rick

GEX_Manual.pdf

Hi Sascha,

I don't have Ultimate Terrain - only Ground Environment X (GEX) & I don't see any option for modifying the scenery region (see attached manual).

Strange really as they are both by Aerosoft - I did read that if you have German Landmarks installed (which I don't), this can be modified to avoid such problems.

I only have German Airports 3 - 2012 Hamburg & VFR Germany packages - Hamburg doesn't have any editor for scenery objects, VFR does but disables the entire German region eg. North, South, East or West, whichever is installed.

Frustrating!

Thanks

Rick

Ah, sorry. I mixed both of them up and to my knowledge GEX doesn't do anything about the buildings there.

You need to find the addon that moved the buildings in the area to different locations. Do you have any other addons installed in this area? FTX Global? Something else?

What happens if you put VFR Germany in your scenery library on top? (right below the AerosoftAFD entry).

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

No, I don't have anything else in the area.

I'll have a go at your suggestion about moving the order of the scenery, many thanks!

Cheers

Rick

Hi Sascha,

Update of situation... Fixed! I think the reason lay originally with my out of date Aerosoft Launcher??

When I updated to the new version, it told me quite a few products needed updating including Hamburg Airport & VFR Germany.

Seems to have cured the problem! (see pic)

Many thanks for your help & suggestions anyway.

:excellenttext_s:

Rick

post-94500-0-45237200-1409320671_thumb.j

Hi Sascha,

Update of situation... Fixed! I think the reason lay originally with my out of date Aerosoft Launcher??

When I updated to the new version, it told me quite a few products needed updating including Hamburg Airport & VFR Germany.

Seems to have cured the problem! (see pic)

Many thanks for your help & suggestions anyway.

:excellenttext_s:

Rick

Good to know you solved it! Thank you for the update!

Bests,

Sascha

Archived