AES config file not saving after FSX shutdown

Hi everyone,

I've recently had a new hardrive installed after the old one failed. I managed to res-install all products no problem, including AES (but the updated version 2.35).

However, when I have changed the AES config file ('set aircraft parameters') and altered the 'aircraft parameters' and 'configuration', it does not save when I have closed FSX. It only saves to the current session until I close FSX.

As a result, when I restart FSX, all has been set to default.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Trevor

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you change aircraft parameter you have to save them in AES. Got nothing to do with the FSX. But make sure that you run both, AES and FSX, as Administrator

Hi,

Tried your suggestion of starting as administrator. However, it will not connect to FSX. The config states it is disconnected. When I run without using the administrator option, it connects fine.

Had another idea, stumbled upon a post stating that the config file will only connect when opened/run in the same state (admin or normal) as FSX. I only run FSX in the normal state, and so AES only connects when it too is opened in that state. Will try tomorrow opening both in Admin mode.

Archived