Request AESHelp to stop checking on Airports

Hi Oliver,

I'm a great fan of your AES product, but what keeps buggin me is as soon as I open AESHelp, AESHelp checks all the airports and forces me to turn off any Airports which are inactive in the scenery.cfg.

Now the problem is that with all those OOM's out there, I turn off all scenery, which is not necessary for a specific flight...... so my scenery changes for every flight. Now if I need to open AESHelp for some reason, it turns off all my inactive scenery.... so after every flight were I opened AESHelp, I need to load FSX with a scenery.cfg where all scenery is set to active - just to activate all AES Airports again :((

And for the flight that is already loaded I get scenery.cfg errors if I get close to one of my deactivated scenerys - because ofcourse the scenerys in AES are all of a sudden not active anymore :((

And to be honest - I don't want to open AESHelp, before every flight just to activate the correct scenery's - there's already enough preflight going on without thinking about that.... and I see no reason why the can't just stay activated in AES - no harm since I only deactivate the scenerys I don't need for that flight......

Your consideration in this matter would be highly appreciated

kindly

Richard Oberwinkler

• 2 months later...

Hi Richard,

why not simply activate all your airports once and then just don't open AES Help anymore unless you really need it?

Right now we have no plans to change this, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

why not simply activate all your airports once and then just don't open AES Help anymore unless you really need it?

Right now we have no plans to change this, sorry.

Well, yes - thats exactly what I do right now, however anytime I install a new Airport - or want to Set Aircraft parameters - bingo, AES deactivates all my airports and I need to go back - check all the areas (and trust me thats a few....) just to get AES to reactivate those Airports - WHY do you deactivate Airports just because they are not active in the scenery libray? as long as they are installed - and activated in AES you should not deactivate them any more!

And just incase you ask me why I deactivate scenery - well I deactivate all scenery I do not intend to use for a specific flight for VAS reduction....

kind regards

Richard Oberwinkler

Scenery Config Editor allows you to save multiple scenery.cfg files and to activate or deactivate a group of library entries with a single mouseclick.

So you could create and store a "fully activated" scenery.cfg file for those occasions where you would like to add a new airport and to run AES Help after that.

As far as I remember there is also an option in the AES Shortcutfolder

to configure only aircraft paramaters (AESConfig) without starting the complete AES Help.

This should be the sollution to your problem.

So activate once all your airports with AES Help and when you want to edit an airplane

simply use the other option.

When adding an new Airport and you want to activate it, you surely have to activate all
your addons, to get rid of the problem you have.

But theis can be easyly done with the software mentioned above.

Archived