Lisbon V2 lighting issues

Diablosrouge

Hey there. :)

First of all I'd like to congratulate you with the upgrade from V1 to V2.

V2 is so much clearer and better in any field, you've done a fantastic job.

However, I'm having a little problem regarding the lighting. During night approach on LPPT I can't see any lights around the airport zone, that means airport buildings, taxiways or even the runway.

I'm only able to see the runway lighting while I'm on final approach already and the other airport lighting comes on only when i'm really near it (let's say when I'm about to land). It's like theres no LODs for the lights or whatever, because I see them coming alone one by one as I approach.

I remember in V1 I didn't have this issue. Also I found that airport/runway lighting range in general FSX airports is very poor compared to FS2004. This makes it a bit difficult to find the airports in the map when I'm approaching the zone (for example at 10,000ft the whole airport zone was dark and the rest of the city had lights, same thing at 3,000ft.

The lighting varies from airport to airport but in real life pilots can distinguish the airport from the rest of the city and the runway lights are way more visible at long range than current FSX. Do you know how can I tweak this and at the same time fix the lighting problem with V2?

Best Regards,

Diablosrouge

Hey.

http://i.imgur.com/WqS2Whs.png

The red circle marks the airport location.

I get the same thing but with a little more light clarity on airport buildings @5,000ft. The overall brightness of the city lighting seems a bit dark to me as well, i need to find a proper light mod to fix the LOD britghtness as this happens everywhere.

I have GEX and UTX combined, then I got REX for the visuals. I have other addons too but they are irrelevant for this matter.

Hey.

http://i.imgur.com/WqS2Whs.png

The red circle marks the airport location.

I get the same thing but with a little more light clarity on airport buildings @5,000ft. The overall brightness of the city lighting seems a bit dark to me as well, i need to find a proper light mod to fix the LOD britghtness as this happens everywhere.

I have GEX and UTX combined, then I got REX for the visuals. I have other addons too but they are irrelevant for this matter.

Hello!

I am sorry but I'm not replying because I have a solution. Instead I wanted to point out that the area you highlighted on the screenshot is not the airport area. It's an area called Monsanto, which is very dark compared to the rest of the city due to the vegetation. The airport location is actually more to the left on that image. It doesn't even show.

I took a screenshot on Google Earth from approximately the same perspective so you can compare.

8N2IgPz.png

Thanks for reading!

Hope someone helps you with your problem :)

Hey!

Well for some reason my airport is located there. My picture is hard to see but you can also see a dark zone below the zone I highlighted which I suspect it's Monsanto. I was careful enough to keep the airport in sight until the lights disappeared so that I could take a print :P

Thanks for your support :)

Hey!

Well for some reason my airport is located there. My picture is hard to see but you can also see a dark zone below the zone I highlighted which I suspect it's Monsanto. I was careful enough to keep the airport in sight until the lights disappeared so that I could take a print :P

Thanks for your support :)

Hello!

Believe me that is not the airport location... On your screenshot you can see the 25th of April bridge which is right next to Monsanto.

Cheers!

Hey.

Sorry for not answering briefly but I wasnt home. I can't have a look at the airport atm cuz I've set a transatlantic flight going on but tomorrow when I get up i'll go to the zone to recheck. Meanwhile if I find a solution I'll keep you updated.

Hello!

I am sorry but I'm not replying because I have a solution. Instead I wanted to point out that the area you highlighted on the screenshot is not the airport area. It's an area called Monsanto, which is very dark compared to the rest of the city due to the vegetation. The airport location is actually more to the left on that image. It doesn't even show.

I took a screenshot on Google Earth from approximately the same perspective so you can compare.

Thanks for reading!

Hope someone helps you with your problem :)

Hey guys,

The missing Monsanto forest is an issue of ORBX FTX Vector 1.15. If you use FSX/P3D default textures or FTX Global 1.20 only you still have Monsanto. So this is not an issue of Lisbon X v2.00.

btw the missing Monsanto issue is already reported on ORBX/FTX forum and maybe it will be corrected in the upcoming version 1.20. ;)

Archived