Austra Pro HD Manual?

pmb

Hi,

is there a kind soul to help me locating the manual for Austria HD Pro as a download? I bought the scenery at Simmarket. From there, I can download a large zip file, which, however, does not contain a manual after unzipping. I get a folder "atphd" containing several subfolders, containing several Scenery/Textures each, but no manual after Installation. In addition, I was unable to locate a separate download neither form Flugwerk nor Aerosoft or Simmarket.

Maybe, I am going blind?

Simmarket mentions support being available from the Aerosoft forum.

Thanks for any help and kind regards,

Michael

I asked this question in the German as well as in the English forum without an answer some days ago. My conclusion is

- either I am the only one who bought Austria Pro HD Download (poor sales, but who knows), or

- all the others who bouhgt it, don't know where the manual is either, but don't care for it, or

- all the others who bouhgt it, know where it is, but don't want to tell me.

Thanks for reading, despite, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's not unusual for a manual to not be a stand-alone file in the installer files. Once you install the add-on, you see the manual in a folder off the scenery's main folder and typically also in the scenery's folder in Start/All Programs.

Thanks you for jumping in.

This is just the point: The manual is in none of the scenery folders after Installation. Neither is there a Start Menu entry for the scenery either under aerosoft or a separate one, at least I did not find one. Nor is there a scenery entry in the Aerosoft Launcher. However, the scenery itself is installed and runs perfectly, as I checked. I was under the hope, someone who installed the Download Version, too, could tell me either I did overlook it and it is somewhere or could confirm it is really missing.

I probably would not have detected that, but I was just curious for the suggested slider settings.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the clarification, Michael. While I don't have their HD product, I do have the earlier Austria Pro for FSX. I looked and there isn't a manual for it either. So I suspect there isn't one for the HD version as you've probably figured out.

The only furthur suggestion I can offer is to inquire about the prefered settings through the developer. If you haven't found it already, here's the home page. The support page isn't set up yet, but perhaps you can learn something by an e-mail to office@flugwerk.at.

BTW, sorry I didn't respond to your earlier question about support. I'd say in the absence of a support section on the flugwerk site, this one is your best bet. So let's see if there is anyone out there that can add something.

Edit: I just realized I have the boxed version of Austria Pro X and it does contain a paper manual and small scale version of a visual chart.

This is strange. I have the old Austria Pro for FSX (boxed), too, and my box contains a booklet. I think I even saw somewhere reference to some pages in the new HD Pro East manual, but I might have confused this.

My personal take is, 95 % of the people owning Austria HD Pro East have the boxed version, which they bought shortly after appearance, and I suspect this contains a paper booklet, too. I bought the download version during the Simmarket Aerosoft rebate some weeks ago. Maybe, the maker just was not aware he should provide a download version of the manual...?

I already mailed flugwerk about this a week ago, but did not get a reply. Maybe he's holiday hiking in Austria (Pro).

Thank you once more for caring

Michael

Hey,

This thread is very informative for me, I have been contemplating to buy this scenery for a while, I will wait till this issue is sorted out for you first. Sorry to hear about your troubles on this one.

Hi,

the scenery as such installs fine and looks great. It's just the manual which either was really forgotten or I am getting blind.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

the scenery as such installs fine and looks great. It's just the manual which either was really forgotten or I am getting blind.

Kind regards, Michael

Ah, I totally mis-understood. As long as the scenery works great that is good news.

I wish their webpage is in english.

Will probably get this scenery in a month or two.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seafox, you can use the translator function of your browser (IE and Firefox both have one) to see the site in your native language. That said, it's general content, so won't tell you much. The embeded video shows you what to expect pretty well.

Michael, I looked and I do indeed have the boxed version of Austria Professinal X. It does have a paper manual and also includes a small scale version of visual charts for navigation. I used a copy center to blow mine up to full size and then taped them together to arrive at reasonable version of a real chart. There is no manual or chart on the Austria Pro CD.

Thanks once more Herman, then obviously there just doesn't exist a manual.

Looking forward to the Western part.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

I decided to pass on this scenery initially. Mostly because of the one season limitation of photoreal and partly because I wanted to see how FTX LC Europe looked first. Austria Pro and the FTX product each have their plusses. However, when I saw the video on the Flugwerks site while researching this question, I now have a renewed interest in the Austria HD Pro product. So maybe I'll go for it after all.

I appreciate your courtesy and patience throughout the inquiry, Michael. A very small number of posters in the forums just go nuts in this kind of situation. In your case, it was a pleasure to work through an answer with you, even though it turned out to be "No." I do agree with you at this point that your conclusion in your last post is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived