Piper Cheyenne install problem

Roadstar

First off, I just want to say Hello to everyone. I'm new to THIS forum, but an old hat at numerous others!

I've recently completely reloaded FSX (Gold Edition). I've reloaded almost all my payware aircraft, however, I'm having an issue with the Piper Cheyenne. I've reloaded my other Aerosoft aircraft (F-16/Twin Otter) without issue.

My problem is, when trying to install the Cheyenne, I'm getting the following error....

post-113296-0-68301300-1407533132_thumb.

Prior to my FSX reload, this aircraft was loaded and worked fine. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. When I reloaded FSX, I set it up with the same directories is was loaded into before (C:\Microsft Flight Simulator X), so that hasn't changed. As for add-ons, I'm running UTX, GEX, Megascenery for my area,Treeline for my area, and Shockwave lights. i can't really see how any of these addons could affect the install of an aircraft, but i'm open to suggestions.

Let me know what you think, and Thanks!

P.S. Running Win 8 on Core i5 system.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you do the usual temporarily disabling your anti-virus and unstalling by right clicking on the Cheyenne executable and chosing to "Run as administrator"?

Also, a fair number of people have reported problems running FSX under Windows 8 instead of 8.1. If the above doesn't help, do the update before loading any other add-ons. I have read that the update to 8.1 might necessitate re-installing your FSX, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the resposne Herman. Unfortunately, I AM running Win 8.1. And yes, I did turn off my antivirus and ran the install as administrator. I also tried running in Win 7/Vista and XP compatibility modes without success. I've been conversing with Aerosoft Tech Support through email, but so far we haven't found a solution. I had some time this weekend, so I removed ALL my addons, uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it. I attempted the Cheyenne install on a completely clean version of FSX and had the same results. And in case anyone is wondering, I AM using the latest version of the installer. Running out of options. :(

• Deputy Sheriffs

I assume that you are installing the Cheyene from DVD? If so copy the content of the DVD to a temporary folder and run the installer from there.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That is an odd issue, Roadstar. You started right by installing in a dedicated folder, and everything else seems correct. In using the Gold Edition, did you install all the service packs (SPs, available online), remembering to reboot and start FSX through the demo flight before shutting down and doing the next SP and repeating this cycle till all are installed? I believe FSX Accelerated is the only version that contains all the SPs built in.

If this doesn't help, do let us know if Otto's suggestion works.

Herman and Otto, thanks once again for the responses. I am not attempting the install from a dvd. My original purchase was the download, which I did save to a cd rom, but my initial attempt at reinstalling was by copying the installer from the cd to a folder on my hard drive. As for the Service Packs, I do have the Acceleration Pack installed. I did, however, attempt to load the Cheyenne after installing just FSX, with the same results. Then I installed the Acceleration Pack, and again attempted to install the Cheyenne, same result. I have a strong suspicion that something somewhere has corrupted a file/folder not created by FSX, but in use by it and the installer is reading this corrupted file or folder and thus crashing. I have run an in depth scan of my hard drive, with no errors found.

Archived