Installation error- 0x800700005

iain007

I have just downloaded AIrbus X Extended and keep getting this installation error.

Tried downloading again from different location in case a corrupt download, also tried uncompressing the files with both winzip and winrar and still get this error.

Have attached a screenshot of what seems to be happening.

Any help much appreciated, thanks

Iain

post-110769-0-88031900-1406662629_thumb.

In some circumstances, error 0x800700005 can be interpreted as "Access Denied" and can occur when you lack file or registry permissions that are required to do the task that is being done (in this case installing a program).

Are you running the install using "Run as Administrator"?

To also add to what Freddy suggested, the file may not have downloaded fully or correctly. You may want to consider temporarily disabling the anti-virus software you use (especially if it is Norton...), re-download the installer, then run the installer as administrator.

After that is all done re-enable your anti-virus software. (just remember to stay off the naughty sites until you reactivate your anti-virus... :glare_s:;) )

Thanks for you replies, yeah its strange, I reinstalled FSX a couple of days ago as it was getting a bit laggy and was getting a couple of errors coming up and it installed no problem, my add ons, other aircraft and scenery, GSX etc.

I have antivirus off and run everything as administrator when adding anything new so was sure to do that during the Airbus install. I will try it again and let you know!

Thanks

Iain

A quick edit: I had forgotten to turn comodo antivirus off in my excitement to get the Airbus during the first installation attempt then on subsequent attempts forgot to add exceptions for FSX - problem solved :)

Archived