FCU Managed Mode Logic Help

I am working on an update to the LINDA utility to work with the VRInsight Airbus FCU panel and the Aerosoft Airbus X 320/321. However, I am having a few problems determining the correct LVars from the SDK that define the logic for the Managed Mode Dots and --- displayed on the Airbus FCU for Speed, Heading and Altitude.

The logic for Speed (SPD) and Heading (HDG) seem fairly easy to determine (ie. using AB_AP_SPDmode and AB_AP_HDGmode_setDisp). However, those for the Altitude (ALT) managed mode is much more complex and difficult to work out. There are obvious conditions but these are affected by whether HDG is in Set mode, the approach mode and TOGA.

Can someone with an detailed knowledge of the Airbus X internal detail please list the logic used and what LVars are available to the user?

Hi,

I do not see any need or relation between the FCU panel programming and A/P modes.

Basically what you need is to know at every known time what are the positions of FCU buttons.

Jose

Note: Linda file that I have sent you has all you need. The picture attached was taken more than a year ago, using that file, all is done related with FCU, that picture only shows managed modes, but it works in all other modes, without any relation with A/P logic.

post-75514-0-25596800-1404588991_thumb.j

Hi Jose

Sorry I have don't recall you sending me any file. Also the display in your image is not a full/true representation of that on the simulated FCU. For LINDA 2.0 and ABX 1.25b I have moved the clutter to the Radio display.

The logic for the ALT managed mode dot is not simple requiring more that just the obvious Lvars to determine the logic. At present I have:

if (AB_AP_ALTmode_set == 1 and AB_AP_ALT_Capture == 0)

and AB_AP_KNOBALT ~= 1

and AB_AP_HDGmode_set ~= 1) then {display dot} else {don't}

What this logic does not cover is when you select go around and are climbing to the initial missed approach altitude.

Archived