Climb&Descent

Keszi32

I wander what is the correct way to start a climb or e descent from a level flight on the autopilot mod, Need I disconnect the autopilot for that change?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

Hi Tom,

if ALT Mode engaged while using autopilot, first cancel ALT. Now you can use the rocker switch (in the middle of the yoke, next to where the "Yaw" button is) to pitch your aircraft up or down.

If any HDG or NAV is engaged, you can leave that on, and aircraft will fly up or down according to pitch setting. Use the ALT Alert button to Level out when selected altitude is reached.

Ric

You can also engage IAS mode.

Imagine this situation:

-Your flying level in ALT mode wither power set to ~75%

-Now engage IAS mode.

-Increasing power will make You climb inorder to keep the airspeed present when You engaged IAS mode.

-Decreasing ower will make You descend inorder to keep the airspeed present when IAS mode was engaged.

The other option is like "riscfischner" explained above.

Finn

HI,

With Rick and Finn help I was able to perform climbs and ,descends very well, but it would be good if I could use for the trim adjustment the buttons on my Saitek X52 what seems to not working with the trimming rocker switch.

An other solution would be to transfer the selected view with the trimming switches to my second monitor, so I would not loose the captains view.( I tried with the help

of Mr. Emanuel from the Support Service. Once it seamed to work, but later it interfered with the main view.)

M any thanks, in advance.

Tom

The rocker switch is not a trimswitch.

Elevator trim can be found under the armrest of the captains seat.

The rockerswitch on the center of the Yoke is for seting Autopilot pitch.

If You got a registered version of FSUIPC You can use the LUA script found here to setup hardware switches for all controls in the Twin Otter Extended:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71615-linda-module-for-twotter-extended-available/

Finn

Archived