Strange texture problem after repaint

Republic3D

Hello!

I've flown the Aerosoft Twin Otter X Extended for a while, and now I wanted my own livery.

I've downloaded the paint kit, and I made a new paint for the 300 Tundra Cargo model.

I installed the nVidia plug-ins for my Adobe Photoshop CS5 so that I could save in .DDS DXT5. I found the templates to be pretty straight forward, and had fun repainting it.

I created a new folder for my repaint and added all the .DDS files and the texture.cfg file and the thumbnail in the folder. Then I edited the aircraft.cfg file in the base directory to include my repaint.

But when I open it in flight simulator, the textures are all skewed or wrongly placed. So I'm really wondering what's wrong here. I've googled the issue to try and find out what's wrong, but couldn't figure it out.

Help please?

Edit: Figured out the textures had to be flipped vertically. I could not find this in the text document with the paint kit. But found out from someone else. Solved!

post-89298-0-79346500-1400349066_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Republic3D,

Be sure to save your textures flipped vertically. DDS textures (dxt1 to dxt5) need to be flipped vertically when saving them.

Just tick the box saying "Load Flipped Vertically" when opening a dds file and "Save Flipped Vertical" when saving the dds file using the Nvidia DDS Photoshop Plugin.

post-33723-0-22485400-1401370968_thumb.j

post-33723-0-66822100-1401370973_thumb.j

Greetings, Daniel

Archived