Night environment

Civvy

Hi I've bought this product from Justflight and they've advised me to come here for support. I have managed to run the product and really enjoy it (bit strange having illuminated rivers, but I can live with that).

Since I have installed the product, FSX will only run for a short time i.e. 10mins and definitely nowhere near London.

I have tried removing some add ons: revolution X and Traffic 360.

I normally run PMDG aircraft, with FS2crew with photoscenery and Xtreme airports. all of these things usually run without a problem together at high settings until now.

The error message is: your computer has ran out of virtual memory....

Please let me know what I need to modify to make this product run.

Kindest regards.

you’re in the right place; and yes there is allot you can do to properly utilize your available memory

i like to help when i can; when it comes to third party addons im afraid i don’t have much information

AS Support team has vast amount of knowledge when it comes to their software and how it behaves with others

please contact support describing your hardware specification; and any related 3rd party addons or any

information that can help the team properly evaluate your system and help you find the best setting for you

did you try other intensity levels with your current lineup (level 2 or 1)?

any chance you have all your levels checked at once 1+2+3?

Thanks for your quick reply, I have 1+2+3 unticked at the moment.

I will contact support. thanks again.

YVW Civvy

by the way, you should never have 1, 2 or 3 checked; with each other
only one level between 1-3 should be active at any given time!
as the intensity doesn’t compound with levels
level 3 is 100% of the lights by itself
level 2 is 50% off level 3 lights
and level 1 is 25% from level 3

if 1+2+3 are checked together;
your essentially running additional 75% for a total of 175%,
almost double what you should be running with the highest level by itself

It would seem that 4k cap is the issue. Re NE, again, I am only running the base.

You've given me direction and much to consolidate, thanks to you both, gentlemen.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Something else that should help is to create a "Night" graphics setting in FSX. Turn down (slide left) things that you can't even see at night, like mesh, boats, ground and aircraft shadows and so forth. Water complexity is another place to look. If you have bloom on, turn it off. You can also experiment with cloud textures and draw distance. Once you have a set of settings you want to try, save it with the Night name or anything else that suits you. Let us know if this helps.

The idea of different graphics settings for different sim situations has been around since some of the earliest versions of FSX. That's why the capability exists.

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right forum here as I have a question with regards to installing NE California onto another hard drive other than where FSX is installed. FSX is installed on "C" drive and I would like to install NE California on "G" drive so as to save space on "C". NE-C defaults to "C:\" and I don't seem to be able to figure a way to have it install to "G" drive.

I have all my MSE installed onto it's separate portable HD and linked to this drive through the scenery library, so I was hoping to be able to do the same thing with all the NE sceneries.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

be advised though

changing the default location may cause one issues later; its not functionality issue!

when we update; we find the location for fsx root in the registry

than install update based on files being inside Arosoft folder under fsx root

in these cases you will need to cut the files installed into the default path

and paste them manually in their new location

there is a better way to do this

without losing this comfort; but it requires some technical know how

you can read my tutorial on AVSIM on how to do this

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/83-movingallocating-individual-folders-from-within-fsx/

Enjoy

Archived