Sending flightplan to VATSIM

Hello,

one question: is it possible to send the flightplan to VATSIM in FAA route format?

What it does now: DCT FLUKY DCT GVE SBV4

and what I wish: FLUKY..GVE.SBV4

I already changed the OFP but I can't figure out how to send the flightplan in FAA format to VATSIM...

Not sure if VATSIM recognizes it anywhere. It's mostly up to the controller client / controller himself to interpret the route string.

Personally I prefer the ICAO format since I find it better to read.

@Dougnsow: do you mean that airlines based in the U.S. doesn't use the FAA format anymore?

@ogruetzmann VATSIM accept all route formats even "check Google Earth for my route"... Have seen this route string last week on VATSIM :P

Correct, there is no check if the plan makes sense.

As far as I know even the FAA prefers the ICAO format now and 'calculates' the FAA style (suffix etc.) from it (which is less precise as ICAO).

Not sure what others think, but I prefer ICAO, better to read and less issues (some tools interpret FAA as a single line and put it in a single line as well). For me it's better to read, but since I control in Germany I do expect ICAO plans anyway :-)

Archived