Having problem with entering (mostly USA) routes into MCDU flightplan.

hadi

Hello guys

I am trying to do some flights in the USA, however; there seems to be a problem with me entering the waypoints into the MCDU. I can't enter the waypoint after the sid, and it keeps saying wp mismatch

Here's my route of flight

KATL GAD MEM FSM IRW PNH ACH ABQ J78 DRK J231 TNP KLAX
I got this from flight aware and it seems to be correct.
Here's my SID for departure:
RMBLN7
So after entering the departure/arival airports, i go to the flight plan page. i go to the departure, select runway 08r, then select RMBLN7, which is my sid.
Now i have to enter gad to my flightplan, but i cannot do it.
i enter the routes page, and try to enter gad to LSK1 and it says (wp/type mismatch)
i can't enter this waypoint to the right side as well, it says it's not allowed.
I have to enter an airway into LSK1 in airbus for it to work, but this route does not have an airway for sid. it just goes for a VOR which is called GAD. and i can't enter it into FMC.

Any ideas what should i do?

Hi,

Enter GAD on the scratchpad and hit LSK below the last SID waypoint do that for all direct waypoints while still on FPL page, no need to go to anyother pages if all you wanto is to insert a Direct to waypoint.

Looks like you also need to give the step by step and/or all the other AAX manuals a try.

Regards,

Jose

Archived