Some tips to increase the realism

keukenrol

Hello Aerosoft,

first of all, i would like to thank you for all your great products, and for me certainly the Airbus. You guys are helping to make the dream to become a pilot of an airbus true, you are bringing it to a next level. When I bought this aircraft, I knew almost nothing about it, today the A320 family are my favourite aircraft (Thank you Aerosoft !). You brought us a lot of flying pleasure, an a lot more is coming :). The slogan of Airbus says: "The best keeps getting better". Well, I think it is also good for you Aerosoft. All the products are made as realistic as possible, with a nice community that helps eachother. For me products like Brussels Airport and Airbus are great. Just like all your other planes and airports. To come to the title of the topic:

I've flown previous week with an A319, an today with an A320. I was able to enter the cockpit after landing, and I noticed some details. Indeed, just details, but all those details make the pleasure of flying the bus even bigger ;).

1. The realism of one-engine taxi. (I've asked the pilots about it) I don't really know if FSX isn't really realistic, or if it is a Airbus X issue. But in FSX, I need to steer almost full rudder opposite and 70% of thrust to get the aircraft moving. In real life they don't have that much thrust nessascary and they don't need to steer so much.

2. Spoiler shape looks a bit like the shape of wing. (maybe it just looked like that, I can be wrong, just like my other remarks ;))

3. Brake temperature: Today I noticed in the cockpit a brake temperature of 390°C after landing. Aircraft was 85% filled with passengers and it had a landing fuel of 2600KG. When I land in FSX with full brakes and no reverse, I don't get a higher temperature than 170°C. And normally you should get a 'BRAKES HOT' displayed on your ECAM wheel page.

4. Turbulence animations: I know that wing flex animation for turbulence is difficult, but I have another question. When you fly trought clouds, you mostly have turbulence. (Noticed today :) ). Can this be animated? Or is it already an FSX realism-issue? Or can you fix it with weather programs?

5. Engine behavour: The engines aren't reacting very smooth, a littlebit of wind and they are constantly giving too much power, going to idle and two seconds later again much power.

Thanks in advance for all members and voluenteers who make this bird become the best on the market!

Keukenrol

Hello Aerosoft,

first of all, i would like to thank you for all your great products, and for me certainly the Airbus. You guys are helping to make the dream to become a pilot of an airbus true, you are bringing it to a next level. When I bought this aircraft, I knew almost nothing about it, today the A320 family are my favourite aircraft (Thank you Aerosoft !). You brought us a lot of flying pleasure, an a lot more is coming :). The slogan of Airbus says: "The best keeps getting better". Well, I think it is also good for you Aerosoft. All the products are made as realistic as possible, with a nice community that helps eachother. For me products like Brussels Airport and Airbus are great. Just like all your other planes and airports. To come to the title of the topic:

I've flown previous week with an A319, an today with an A320. I was able to enter the cockpit after landing, and I noticed some details. Indeed, just details, but all those details make the pleasure of flying the bus even bigger ;).

1. The realism of one-engine taxi. (I've asked the pilots about it) I don't really know if FSX isn't really realistic, or if it is a Airbus X issue. But in FSX, I need to steer almost full rudder opposite and 70% of thrust to get the aircraft moving. In real life they don't have that much thrust nessascary and they don't need to steer so much.

2. The spoilers: In real life, the spoilers of the Airbus are a bit bended, like the shape of the wing. On the Airbus X they are just straight.

3. Brake temperature: Today I noticed in the cockpit a brake temperature of 390°C after landing. Aircraft was 85% filled with passengers and it had a landing fuel of 2600KG. When I land in FSX with full brakes and no reverse, I don't get a higher temperature than 170°C. And normally you should get a 'BRAKES HOT' displayed on your ECAM wheel page.

4. Turbulence animations: I know that wing flex animation for turbulence is difficult, but I have another question. When you fly trought clouds, you mostly have turbulence. (Noticed today :) ). Can this be animated? Or is it already an FSX realism-issue? Or can you fix it with weather programs?

5. Engine behavour: The engines aren't reacting very smooth, a littlebit of wind and they are constantly giving too much power, going to idle and two seconds later again much power.

I think there are some more things, but like I said, those are details, and not vital :)

Thanks in advance for all members and voluenteers who make this bird become the best on the market!

Keukenrol

Regarding the turbulence, do you use a weather engine in FSX? Active Sky Next has extremely good turbulence and up/down draft modelling, using this weather system the engine spooling isn't that bad.

Regarding the turbulence, do you use a weather engine in FSX? Active Sky Next has extremely good turbulence and up/down draft modelling, using this weather system the engine spooling isn't that bad.

No, I use the standard FSX real world weather, and the FSUIPC smooth wind changes. It is probabely another thing of the standard FSX that isn't realistic simulated. It is just strange that he constantly gives more and less power, and not a steady power, a bit frustrating sometimes :). Thanks for the reply!

• Aerosoft

A320 wings are very very stiff, nothing like B737 wings.

Besides as written a few times, until we find a way to make the animation realistic I really think it is wasted. It is just not real. I recently timed the movement and got an average of .2 to .5 hertz. Now if I check the currently available aircraft will floppy wings I see very slow moving wing tips. Like you see in a glider.

In other words, if you would fly in an airliner with flapping wings like in FSX barf bags would be used a LOT more.

1. IRL it can happen that once you stop the A320, you can't get her moving again with one engine without using very high thrust (and you have to re-start the second engine). That doesn't seem to be too unrealistic.

2. Never noticed that the wings and/or spoilers are 'bent' on the real A320 ?

3. Lots of information missing. Autobrakes med or low ? manual braking ? config 3 or full ? Tailwind, headwind. Upslope, downslope. I rarely see more than 300-350 in normal ops with a full load of passengers.

1: oh okay I just aksed the pilots and they said they don't need to give a lot of thrust to keep the aircraft moving ;).

2:Yes however it is almost not noticable. Or maybe i've not been looking good ;).

3: Manual braking, pedal pressed full and a tailwind of 4kts. Runway was straight (no slope)and flaps full. Aircraft Airbus A320 OO-TCH. Landing EBBR 25L ;) If you want I can upload the picture with the high temperature ;)Thanks for the answers!

• Deputy Sheriffs

1: oh okay I just aksed the pilots and they said they don't need to give a lot of thrust to keep the aircraft moving ;).

2:Yes however it is almost not noticable. Or maybe i've not been looking good ;).

3: Manual braking, pedal pressed full and a tailwind of 4kts. Runway was straight (no slope)and flaps full. Aircraft Airbus A320 OO-TCH. Landing EBBR 25L ;) If you want I can upload the picture with the high temperature ;)Thanks for the answers!

The answer you got above were also given by an Airbus pilot. ;)

Oh okay thanks :D. Yes a real airbus pilot is the best person you have for our virtual airbus. Thank you all ;). If I made another mistake in my topic, tell me ;).

Ok, I will try this in FSX, full manual braking, no reverse (IRL it was idle reverse but I am unable to do that) and a landing speed of 150 kts. And indeed it is a big difference between those two, but even when I turn off my engine 1 while having a taxi speed of 15kts I need to steer seriously hard to the opposite direction so to the right. What I've seen in the cockpit: that 320 doesn't have any brake fans. An OH OH I think I see it now, only the left brakes are sooo hot, the right ones are 280°C, it was a littlebit of crosswind, so that could explain it too :). Maybe it is possible that I missed something what the pilot said. I was so excited, my first airbus cockpit visit.

Here's the photo :).

BRKhot.png

EDIT: I've tried it multiple times, highest temp was 205°C. Manual and autobraking MAX. Only when I did two full stops and immediately takeoff I reached 275°C.

Thanks! I'm also gettin very curious for the a318/319 cockpit upgrade ;), maybe it can change also some things like this.

I think such advanced features are not (and never were) intended for AAX.

You will have to wait for the FSL A320 (or the upcoming standalone A320 sim) for that.

The philosophy for the Airbus is simple. "Everyday Ops that is used commonly". Using this sentence, I think people can roughly guess on where we are headed with the A318/19 cockpit improvements.

With that said, I will reveal that the ground "physics" is going under a overhaul now. What will be the end result of that overhaul is not known yet but we have some rough goals in mind.

The philosophy for the Airbus is simple. "Everyday Ops that is used commonly". Using this sentence, I think people can roughly guess on where we are headed with the A318/19 cockpit improvements.

With that said, I will reveal that the ground "physics" is going under a overhaul now. What will be the end result of that overhaul is not known yet but we have some rough goals in mind.

Ok thanks for the answer and the effort! Really appreciated! You guys keep making this airbus better and better :D.

For information: I've reached the temperature by accelerating to 150GS, thrust idle and then parking brake on. (I know you never use your parking brake for your aircraft to stop) Temp of brakes was 310°C and ECAM message was giving hot :).

Dry surface and GW59000KG.

EDIT: I've also noticed a small issue, when you are approaching a runway with your auto brakes on, you touch down too late and need to make a go-around, the brakes are stuck. Even if you press your pedals they won't stop braking. Any idea? I've used the built-in checklist and auto brake max, after go around gear up but fsx said the plane had his brakes on.

• 1 month later...

Maybe another tip, i don't know if it is possible to make it, but it should be nice to see a kind of hot air effect behind the engines and apu when running. When you see real planes take off you see those amazing heat waves coming out of those engines. :)

Archived