Suggestion about SID and STARs with transitions

Hello Everybody

First of all, I want to thank and congratulate Aerosoft for this excellent ATC simulator. It has gave me some countless hours of fun.

I would like to suggest some things about how the simulator handles SIDs and STARS.

About the STARs, the simulator doesn't seem to take into account transitions. For example in the BOSSS1 arrival at KDEN.

BOSSS1.png

In this arrival there are 2 transitions, which are ZIGEE and HALEN. But the traffic always appears on ASYLM. Without taking any of the transitions. The same happens on any arrival with transitions of any airport on the simulator. Could the STARs with transitions be implemented in the future?

Second, regarding the SIDs.

The simulator doesn't seem to handle SIDs with transitions, it seems to be the same problem that the one with the STARs. Could the SIDs with transitions be implemented?

Thanks!

Yes, the simulator will show the SIDs and STARs with their transitions. However, the planes won't take them, in this case, the planes will always appear at ASYLM instead of appearing in HALEN or ZIGEE.

Are you sure that aircraft show up at ASYLM not ZPLYN? Cause ZPLYN makes more sense. You see, GATC is first selecting runway for arrival aircraft and then tries to find STAR that can be used. If a STAR is assigned to a specific runway or is marked as ALL then there are no problems but some are marked with their unique local names like at this example. Therefore GATC has no idea of knowing which one to use - it does not have any additional procedures info that real pilots do and it's not included in AIRAC. Also these STARs overlap with those marked as for ALL runways...

Solving this issue is almost impossible right now. The only solution is to edit KDEN.txt procedures file and change these STARs to "ALL" ones... Then GATC will be able to use them.

Hello Robson.

Thanks for your answer. I commited a mistake, the planes showed up at QUAIL instead of ASYLM or ZPLYN. And then I checked the BOSSS1 arrival with the ALL designator and indeed it just showed 3 points, which were QUAIL, BSTON and BOSSS, which are the last three points of the arrival, confirming what you said about the ALL usage.

Indeed there are two more BOSSS1 arrivals on the list on the right side of GATC which are STAR HALEN and STAR ZIGEE, which show the complete arrival with its respective transition. I will try to change them to ALL to see if there is any change.

Thanks!

Archived