Fail to connect Multiplayer

Hello !

I bought GATC few days ago. I have downloaded Hamachi and follow the instruction to open a multiplayer session with a friend.

BUT it works 1 times out of 10 : On my screen (I host the server) i have no error message.

But lets see my friend's screen in attach files.

He see me but doesn't see traffic and has errors.

Thanks for your help :)

Antoine

post-107013-0-07966100-1397499311_thumb.

Please disable all antivirus and firewall software and try again. Some software recognizes frequent updates as flooding and blocks the connection. If it works re-enable them and add exclusions for GATC. If it doesn't work then we will look further into the problem ;)

Please disable all antivirus and firewall software and try again. Some software recognizes frequent updates as flooding and blocks the connection. If it works re-enable them and add exclusions for GATC. If it doesn't work then we will look further into the problem ;)

Hi !

Thanks for your answer. I disconnected all firewall software but it doesn't work :(

My friend try with an other one and it works so it's weird . I tried to install again the game but it's the same. The pb come from my computer (I am on Win 8).

I'll try this week-end to instal it on a Widows 7's PC, I hope it'll work.

Thanks for your assistance !

Bye

Hi !

I tried to install the full version but it seem to already be installed :'(

I don't understand where is the matter.

I tried with my fixe PC and it works... but not on this one.

Thanks a lot

AD

post-107013-0-28520900-1397596927_thumb.

Do you have a possibility to test it on another OS on the same "faulty" PC? Can be Win 8 or 7. You might have installed something that is blocking the connection. Also please try to see if GATC works on your LAN, not through Hamachi. If it does then I can't help you as the problem lies in Hamachi... If it still doesn't work then it's indeed your PC or OS.

Hi !

Thanks it almost works now..; now i have a lot of failed to connect with a windows which open which says that the log.txt file is used by an other process ...

Thx for your help :)

post-107013-0-42554600-1397750816_thumb.

Sorry but as I said in some other thread GATC in LAN only. You can of course try to play it over Hamachi and it works for me and hundreds of people but there was a reason why I didn't certify it for Hamachi and therefore can't help. I tried to but to no avail...

It seems like Hamachi problem or your OS problem - something is interfering with connection and you will have to find a solution on your own. GATC is using port 9050 TCP protocol if you need that ;) I wish you solve this but there are lots of problems with Hamachi - I also had my dark times with it when trying to host FS session... Ended up hosting it globally xD

• 6 months later...

Hi !

Thanks it almost works now..; now i have a lot of failed to connect with a windows which open which says that the log.txt file is used by an other process ...

Thx for your help :)

I'm having exactly the same problem as you. "log.txt occupied by other process." Either me or my friend host the session, this problem occurs occasionally and the dialog box constantly pop up so there's no way for us to enjoy the game. :)

Any ideas from the dev? Thanks.

We'll look into the issue again ;)

Thanks for your quick response :)

To offer more information, I found that the dialog box only pop up on the host machine when the client machine gives an instruction (e.g. assign altitude, heading or airspeed). And this happens also by chance. The client give instruction 10 times and the dialog box on the host machine may pop up like 2-3 times. This is bearable cuz I can close the dialog box manually. What hurts the game is that as the game flows, the box pop up much more frequently and finally boost out which cannot be closed. The only thing I can do is to terminate the process.

I've disabled the firewall and tried to open port 9050, but the problem still exists. Run with administractor is also tried but no effect.

Thanks again.

Archived