MarcelFelde

PC-6 B2-H4 'Turbo Porter' 4X Preview

Hmm, yes, I don't see the point? :)

Such a magnificent aircraft wants to be piloted manually!

Hello Matthias,

I do not want to promise anything about the PT6A simulation yet. It has to be tested and judged by real pilots first. I hope that I can make it as real as possible. The Q400 is great, yes. At the moment the only add-on I fly on my FS when I am not working. ;)

There will be preflight and maintenance options, but they may differ from the Katana. And perhabs some features will be added after the release. I hope that you will understand, that I will stay at my philosophy: In realistic mode, maintenance will take time! If you are in a hurry, you can switch to simple or instructor mode. There is no challenge without penalty, and without challenge no fun. A game will not work, if you can simply cheat yourself at the end of the level. ;) Again: If you don't want to wait, use the Instructor mode and you can even repair your aircraft inflight and instantly. The only difference will be, that your flighttime will not be logged...

Really looking forward to your PC-6 Marcel but was a little concerned about the "outside the sim" comment as I rejected the Q400 as no gradual transition mode is available in spot view. I spend a lot of time outside the aircraft I'm flying in and for me gradual transition is essential as I hate the "plane on a stick" view in locked spot. So I wonder if at this stage you can confirm that gradual transition will be available for spot view in your PC-6?

Autopilot is much that needed for 3 hours cargo flights over Indonesian mountains ya know ...

Nice livery and this one is very similar to your D-FELI Marcel !

Q9juhi5.jpg

hmmm, how about the autopilot?

The D-FELI has no autopilot. Perhabs in additional aircrafts...

Really wanna fly this amazing Aircraft using the Autopilot? :)

The D-FELI is said to be pretty easy to fly. But as the pilots said, you should never let her fly alone longer than a few seconds. A Porter has to be piloted like a helicopter. So an autpilot can be really usefull.

Really looking forward to your PC-6 Marcel but was a little concerned about the "outside the sim" comment as I rejected the Q400 as no gradual transition mode is available in spot view. I spend a lot of time outside the aircraft I'm flying in and for me gradual transition is essential as I hate the "plane on a stick" view in locked spot. So I wonder if at this stage you can confirm that gradual transition will be available for spot view in your PC-6?

You have to make a compromise: If you want a real turboprop, it has to be done outside the simulator. At the moment, we use the normal FSX viewing system so everything should work as usual.

Autopilot is much that needed for 3 hours cargo flights over Indonesian mountains ya know ...

Nice livery and this one is very similar to your D-FELI Marcel !

Not the doors, not the exhausts... :) It is indeed the first Porter I have seen with exhausts pointing to the back. The FELI has also big exhausts that are very seldom. Most common are the flat ones. ;)

It's another one of those aircraft that is modified the moment it leaves the factory. We seen the same with the Twotter. (Actually military aircraft are brilliant because they normally are all the same). My point has always been it is best to do one aircraft, the one you got access to and not to try to make a kazillion versions.

• Upvote 1

...it is already modified in the factory. For example there are 3 flap systems I could mention but think that there are even more...different doors, different trim. Different engines, different exhausts, different Wingtips. External fuel tanks, weather radar, autopilot, glascockpit or steam gauges. Different equipment in the cabin. There are so many different panel layouts...

• Upvote 4

...it is already modified in the factory. For example there are 3 flap systems I could mention but think that there are even more...different doors, different trim. Different engines, different exhausts, different Wingtips. External fuel tanks, weather radar, autopilot, glascockpit or steam gauges. Different equipment in the cabin. There are so many different panel layouts...

Absolutely ! Icarius is part of the people that are doing the heaviest modifications...

For example, take the example of the s/n 340, the might GODZilla, F-GODZ ...

One of the early Porters, originally a PC-6/A-H2 , meaning it was powered with a Lycoming piston engine. Externally the most significant changes were the engine cowling, the bubble windshield ( later replaced with lateral pilot doors, since /B1-H2 variant ( PT6A-20 ) )

It was then converted to a /B2-H2 ( still mechanical flap and trim system, MTOW of 2200 kg ) but was upgraded with best components ... a new Hartzell HC-D4N-3P four blade propeller, driven by the most powerful engine available for this airframe : P&WC PT6A-34, 750 SHP ... Now they even put a composite MT Prop, the same your D-FELI has, for less noise

As you said, there were several designs of many parts ... Aileron counterweights, PHR tips, wheels, landing gear struts, and even three types of tailwheel ! One guy from Pilatus Switzerland gave me a very nice document with all official modifications of every Porter ( Fairchild licensed builds included ) that was incredible to see how many differences there are .. Maybe only the current Turbo Porters ( /B2-H4 ) coming out of Stans are " Standardized ", all the others are often a mix of various versions ... I've seen some /B2-H4 ( externally recognizable by the bigger tail fin reinforcement, and wingtip extensions ) with still the lever mechanical trim and flaps system ( http://www.pc-6.com/history/819.htm )

" My " airplane, the F-GIHM , s/n 581, was originally a /A-H2 piston version, then they upgraded it to /B1-H2 and now /B2-H2 and A-34 turbine... http://www.pc-6.com/history/581.htm

You can see on this shot, when it was still a PC-6/B1-H2, the old style of Power Control Lever, prop and cond levers ...

dZHBJUw.jpg

And the new standardized one everyone knows now :

nHwklkp.jpg

As you can see, Porters have several lives through their life, most were built in the 60's-70's and are still operated strongly nowadays, mostly in skydiving OPS ... passenger and cargo operators prefer the latest /B2-H4 G1000 equipped, like Susi Air for instance

In a word, a MIGHTY airframe, that will never be replaced...

Hope to see this one soon, can't wait to fly this ! And I really hope one day I'll be able to pass the para DNC and PC-6 QT .. one of my former dream !

Good luck :clap_s:

• Upvote 2

Really wanna fly this amazing Aircraft using the Autopilot? :)

If you fly for FSEconomy and you want to deliver some Goods or PAX over 300nm, yes, a autopilot can be very useful :-)

It's interesting, the D-FELI was build after this airplane http://www.pc-6.com/history/844.htm. People say that is one the most beautiful Porter of switzerland. Would be a honor that this Model would be one of Marcel's Porter Livery. I can arrange a photo session...

Wow! the details on those WIP shots are ridiculous (the good kind of ridiculous). I just love Piglets freeware porter, it's my most flown GA atm but this one is gonna put her in the hangar.

P.S Marcel, can you confirm that it will be released this year or am I asking for too much? :)

I had a few opportunities to fly with PC-6. The power on the takeoff is just amazing and diameter of turn is really small. Here is another video which I recorded last year. Sorry for the poor video quality...

Greetings

Benjamin

"This video is private" ?

P.S Marcel, can you confirm that it will be released this year or am I asking for too much? :)

Sorry, can't confirm anything on such a complex development. But I hope - like many of - you that it will not take to long anymore. ;)

...as I am writing this I can hear the D-FELI being 4000m above our house. ;)

• Upvote 1

Sorry, can't confirm anything on such a complex development. But I hope - like many of - you that it will not take to long anymore. ;)

...as I am writing this I can hear the D-FELI being 4000m above our house. ;)

Haha! What a tease, thanks for the reply and best wishes for you and the project! :hi_s:

WOW.

FSDs PC-6 is okay, Piglet's is great,

I had the opposite reaction. I flew Piglet's for quite a while and although it was a nice looking craft, I felt the FDE was a little unrealistic. I could quite easily exceed the white arc for flaps on take-off. The FSD seemed a little more restrained. It did bug me the FDE didn't have a whiskey compass. I mean how hard is that to do? I would have gladly traded the soda can and fuzzy dice for a compass. Both are headed for the archive hangar once Marcel's is released.

Great work Marcel!

I'm truly stoked with regards to the details you are putting in here - a fantastic build!

I have been waiting for a new PC-6 for ages and I'm so glad that you are building it in such detail.

My wallet is open!

Cheers,

Magnus "MangoTango" Almgren

I was able to spend some time in the United States so there are not so many news.

The real D-FELI has been converted in some areas but I decided to not change the virtual one too. For example, some of the avionics have been removed. So we will have some more navigation equipment for our virtuell business. ;)

Some minor changes to the specular mapping:

MF_PC-6_B2-H4_140511_0718.jpg

There are still some items to do on the right side of the fuselage before I can apply the new and detailled textures for this area as well. You may see some differences in shading.

Two images with higher resolution:

MF_PC-6_B2-H4_140511_0720.jpg

MF_PC-6_B2-H4_140511_0723.jpg

Additonally I have redone major parts of the cockpit doors. The eyepoint is very near to that part of the structure so I wanted to have sharp and detailled textures and details. As I am working on the left door first, the right one will be added later. There will be some images as soon as everything is completed on the left door. (All screenshots are FSX this time)

• Upvote 3

Stunning job. Ausgezeichnete Arbeit. Kann nicht mehr warten ;)

Sent from my GT- I9500 with kit kat using Tapatalk Pro

outstanding, I can't wait to start applying some RAAF camouflage to this bird...

Pilatus_PC_6B_Porter_1_RAAF_A14_683_Nowr

Hei Marcel

Ich komm aus dem Staunen nicht mehr heraus!!! Ich beobachte Deinen Thread und die Fortschritte der Porter schon seit einiger Zeit und bin begeistert!! So viel Detailtreue hab ich noch selten - was sag ich - noch NIE bei einem FSX Modell gesehen!! WOW!!

Ich als bekennender Porter Fan und FSX-ler bin natürlich sehr an Deiner FSX Version interessiert (Baue gerade an einer Ferngesteuerten Porter von Pichler - die bekommt etwas Semi Scale verpasst ;) -> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.703398513018690.1073741828.100000456421866&type=1&l=de557dc424 ).

Du hast das bestimmt schon x-fach beschrieben und mitgeteilt, nur konnt ich nirgends etwas finden: Wo ist das File nach Vollendung denn erhältlich?

Bin weiterhin sehr gespannt!!

Ach ja, da dies offensichtlich mein erster Post hier ist, stelle ich mich kurz vor:

Mein Name ist Daniel.

Ich komme aus der Schweiz, genauer aus dem Berner Oberland.

Ich bin 34 Jahre alt und begeisterter Modellbauer, -flieger.

Am PC fliege ich liebend gerne im FSX durch das Swizzerland-professional. Was mit dem TrackIR v5 und den Pedalen noch mehr spass macht... ;)

Aktuell baue ich gerade an einer Pilatus Porter von Pichler/VQ (Big Tiger). Die soll - wie oben bereits beschrieben einen Semi Scale ausbau erhalten (Siehe Link -> da werden übrigens immer die aktuellsten Fotos hochgeladen).

Joa, das ist soweit das wichtigste von mir - denk ich ;)

Herzliche Grüsse

Daniel

@Holgi

Yes, I agree.

I think because of it´s Name you know the work with or without preview.

One of the best.

Thanks Marcel for this great Project.