Mega Airport Dublin performance issues

Is it only me or EIDW has some serious performance issues? I'm having a huge stuttering and FPS in the low 20s/ high 10s are killing my flights, while at other mega airports (e.g. Aerosoft Dusseldorf, Oslo V2, Munich, Zurich, Orly, Fly Tampa Athens, not to mention other developer's Mega Airports) I have no stutter and FPS in the low 30s/high 20s.

This is so frustrating.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Is it only me or EIDW has some serious performance issues? I'm having a huge stuttering and FPS in the low 20s/ high 10s are killing my flights, while at other mega airports (e.g. Aerosoft Dusseldorf, Oslo V2, Munich, Zurich, Orly, Fly Tampa Athens, not to mention other developer's Mega Airports) I have no stutter and FPS in the low 30s/high 20s.

This is so frustrating.

What are your settings?

What are your tweaks in the fsx.cfg file?

What other add ons are you running at the same time?

All these things can cause fps loss

• Aerosoft

This is so frustrating.

Are you running the 2k textures? None of the other airports you mention use those so it could be that the issue is there.

Hi,

I am having performance issues also. But it is only when using the PMDG 737, the game seems to pause/freezer for a few seconds randomly. My FSX has dropped from 20+ with Eiresims Dublin, to below 10 with Aerosoft.

The standard FSX aircraft seem to be ok. I've add on scenery that I use in the UK too, UK2000 and they run with no issues.

Massive issues for me too. When I start up at EIDW on the ground, everything very smooth. However, when I try and fly into EIDW (have tried 3 times now) from EGNX, EGBB and EGSS, all the surrounding area goes blurry, none of the runway lights show up until about 500ft then as you land, my FSX just crashes.

I am using FTX global and have LOOOOADS of aerosoft airports, all of which have no probs at all. Hahn, Keflavik, Antalya, Thessaloniki you name it. But when I try and land into EIDW, no can do.

Am also running low res textures not 2098 (or whatever they're called).

This is very frstrating and I am beginning to regret forking out 20 odd pounds for this. It must be a scenery fault because I never get this with other Aerosoft airports, FSDreamteam airports or UK2000 airports.

I downloaded 1.00. Should I now download 1.01? Is this an update of some sort?

I downloaded 1.00. Should I now download 1.01? Is this an update of some sort?

I updated to 1.01 and still having performance issues. I've reinstalled Eiresim's Dublin Airport and that runs perfectly.

There are serious performance issues, please solve it.

This scenery for me is not usable at the moment and i use the 1K textures, no flag, no volumetric grass and no traffic around the area.

This scenery is only causing me headaches.

I installed version 1.01 to see if anything would change and apart from performance issues I'm also having problems with AI traffic and a few more issues:

AI traffic buged and jetbridges in the upper left corner are totally gray instead of green. I have disabled everything: volumetric grass, airport traffic, 2k texture, flags and EIDW is still performing very bad.

post-43210-0-10101600-1395186377_thumb.j

I had really bad stutters also, I disabled the airside ground traffic and set the textures to 1024 and that seemed to fix it (not sure which did more of the fixing, I presume it was using the smaller textures though).

the game seems to pause/freezer for a few seconds randomly

Same issue for me ... but only with night texture !

All are best by day,... but in night, ...I'm also this lot of long pause every +- 20" and the hard drive read without stop the data ...

It seems read the data all the time ...

(Versus the heavy Helsinki mega airport ... Helsinki run very well ... :ph34r: ...)

20 fps for 25" ... 15" break ... 20 fps for 25" ... 15" break ... etc ... this scenery are very heavy for hardwear :confused2_s: ..

How many Gb ram are necessary for this scenery ??? 16 ??? 32 ???

With 8 Gb that's seems insufficient for the night texture ...

Also, little issue... the jetway green and blue are flickering by night ...

Same issue for me ... but only with night texture !

All are best by day,... but in night, ...I'm also this lot of long pause every +- 20" and the hard drive read without stop the data ...

It seems read the data all the time ...

(Versus the heavy Helsinki mega airport ... Helsinki run very well ... :ph34r: ...)

20 fps for 25" ... 15" break ... 20 fps for 25" ... 15" break ... etc ... this scenery are very heavy for hardwear :confused2_s: ..

How many Gb ram are necessary for this scenery ??? 16 ??? 32 ???

With 8 Gb that's seems insufficient for the night texture ...

Also, little issue... the jetway green and blue are flickering by night ...

8 GB of physical RAM is just fine: Physical RAM usage never exceeds 6.x GB with FSX. (The VAS limit still remains at 4 GB, don't get confused by that - VAS is a different concept.)

Loading issues can be related to bottlenecks

- between harddisk and RAM (scenery loading progress from the "Fly now!" screen, blurry textures in flight, etc.)

- or caused by your GPU bandwidth/VRAM size (untextured objects/"grey blocks" for so-and-so many seconds)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've also the same issue of FR888, i see the other traffic on IVAO very very bad:

Please solve it the issue.

Not a Dublin issue. I've seen this randomly on other aiports as well. Reason was the aircraft or the AI addon or broken AI fightplans.

Archived