Twin Otter Xtended Questions

AlphaInfinity

Just purchased the airbus xtended and really like it. I am primarly on P3D 2.1 now.

A few questions.

1. The taxi lights, strobes and runway lights are REALLY nice on the airbus, does the Twin otter have the same quality of lighting

2. P3d compatabilty
3. Frames when compared to the airbus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please take a couple of minutes to look around the forum structure so you can get the most out of it. You'll see there's a dedicated Twotter Extended section, where I moved this for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just purchased the airbus xtended and really like it. I am primarly on P3D 2.1 now.

A few questions.

1. The taxi lights, strobes and runway lights are REALLY nice on the airbus, does the Twin otter have the same quality of lighting

2. P3d compatabilty

3. Frames when compared to the airbus

HI,

I use P3Dv2.1 and use the Twin Otter Extended, but have not installed the Airbus. I will try to answer your questions nevertheless.

1. I am not sure about the lighting quality difference between the two. I guess with 'runway lights' you mean Landing Lights? As far as I can tell the Twin Otter uses the default lighting system, not the Airbus lights.

2. I have no issues with running the Twin Otter in P3Dv2.1, it runs beautifully. The installer also is triple (FSX/P3Dv1.x/P3Dv2.x). You have to install however one updated file manually afterwards, the ASC.DLL for v2 compatibility. Officially no products of Aerosoft are yet 100% guaranteed for P3Dv2.1 (this requires more testing), and there are two reports of people with gauge problems with the Twin Otter model 100. The developer needs to investigate this. Browsing the internet fora I see a lot of people using the Twin Otter 300 without any problems, as do I.

3. The Twin Otter is very frame rate friendly, among the best you can get for FSX/P3D. So I expect the FPS to be better on your system than the Airbus.

I hope this helps.

Archived