Loading flight plans into MCDU

walteraes

I'm new to the A320 Extender and I've read that you cannot load flight plans into the MCDU from programs like EFB or even FSX. Is this true and do you still have to load all flight plan information manually??

Walt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Of course you can load flighplans into the MCDU. But like many other aircraft, the Airbus X A320/321 uses its own flightplan format which differs from the FSX pln format. Most modern flightplaning tools like FSCommander oder PFPX can export routes into the Airbus format. If you want to use routestrings from other sources like vatroute or rfinder, you can use this tool to convert them:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64783-axe-company-route-editor/

For more details how to load a flightplan into the MCDU, please read the latest step-by-step-guide.

Hi Walt,

this is not true. Both programs (the current FSC - not FSX - and EFB versions) have an export function for the Aerosoft Airbus e.g. flightplans (including used runways as well as SID and STAR) established with those two programs are also exported in the Aerosoft Airbus format. PFPX currently just exports the flightplan itself (no runways, SID and STAR).

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm new to the A320 Extender and I've read that you cannot load flight plans into the MCDU from programs like EFB or even FSX. Is this true and do you still have to load all flight plan information manually??

Walt

I bet you read this in the "Step by Step" manual (volume 6). I guess that was the case in the first versions of AXE and when the manual was written, but nowadays as Mopperle and Hanse wrote you can easily import flight plans. Just make sure that you are on the latest version of AXE (v1.16 plus hotfix 19).

Tom.

I bet you read this in the "Step by Step" manual (volume 6). I guess that was the case in the first versions of AXE and when the manual was written, but nowadays as Mopperle and Hanse wrote you can easily import flight plans. Just make sure that you are on the latest version of AXE (v1.16 plus hotfix 19).

Tom.

Hi Tom,

maybe you should have a look into the actual English version of Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 3.9 and the last paragraph where the current situation regarding the import of flight plans is well explained.....

Hanse

hi Walt,

if you have a route string like this:
KJFK JOANI J79 VILLS J209 SAWED J121 ORF J174 DIW AR24 ZFP BR66V JANUS KMIA (generated from the FlightSimCommander)

... then you can it simply convert with a free program 'ConvAXE '.
This program convert the string into the right form for a AXE aircraft, named 'KJFKKMIA.flp'

See a example here (in german) here :

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78150-zahlreiche-fluge-generieren-fur-den-axe-airbus-x-extended/

Note: Have a look onto the picture at the end of my report ... and you will understand all, and, how to put those planes into the MCDU1 ... is described before from moperle and Hanse !-

regards Juergen

hi Walt,

if you have a route string like this:

KJFK JOANI J79 VILLS J209 SAWED J121 ORF J174 DIW AR24 ZFP BR66V JANUS KMIA (generated from the FlightSimCommander)

... then you can it simply convert with a free program 'ConvAXE '.

This program convert the string into the right form for a AXE aircraft, named 'KJFKKMIA.flp'

See a example here (in german) here :

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78150-zahlreiche-fluge-generieren-fur-den-axe-airbus-x-extended/

Note: Have a look onto the picture at the end of my report ... and you will understand all, and, how to put those planes into the MCDU1 ... is described before from moperle and Hanse !-

regards Juergen

Hi Jürgen,

sorry but I do not understand why a FPLAN generated with FSC should be converted into the AXE FPLAN format by using "ConvAXE"? FSC itself has this functionality using "SAVE AS" to save the FPLAN directly into the AXE format and the right path. Since version 9.4 you are even able to save the FPLAN including SID, STAR and VIA/TRANS and in FSC manually created fixes.....

Regards,

Rolf

Archived