Seychelles X Mesh Issues

Twinotter_Pilot

Gents

I have installed Seychelles X and was doing one of your pre-saved free flights to FSSF (Frégate Island Airport). After touching down the aircraft digged itself into the earth (see attached picture) with the runway below and surface/trees above the plane.

I am confident that FSSF doesnt have a subway nor an underground airstrip - would you therefore kindly check if the error replicated on your side as well.

post-26729-0-97998700-1387290068_thumb.j

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Frank, according to your problem, can you exactly describe in which situation this happens? Flight from to... so I can try to reproduce it.

Hi,

I have the same issues.

Flew with the Carenado C206 and Flight1 BN2 Islander. With the latter i flew from FSIA to FSPP to FSSF.

In FSIA all seems to float above ground, like everything, including me, is on a glass plate. Some original scenery can be seen through from time to time.

In FSPP no problems.

In FSSF exactly the same as described above: I'm falling through the scenery.

Toying with the scenery settings does not change things. I do not own FS global.

See pics of the entire flight here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s592bks8743x08w/EbAiKLnYjs

Hi Otto,

I did a flight from FSSC to FSPL today with the Twin Otter Extended. All my graphic settings are made as described in the manual. The arrival at FSPL was ok, but I think that the height of the field is not as it should be.

You can see on this screenshot that there is a small hill at the end of the runway and there are some palms "flying" nearby the runway.

post-178-0-92192100-1387545164_thumb.jpg

This is the situation after landing in front of the tower, saved in a Flight Simulator situation:

post-178-0-67453100-1387545218_thumb.jpg

And this is the result after restart the Flight Simulator and reload the saved situation:

post-178-0-17299800-1387545335_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Frank

Im working on it, i just got the reased version you have installed.. but have you tryeid to deactivate all other airports/terrain programs? if you use terrain program i stongly advise to test whit out it as we all know it can sometimes make problems for another add-on..

as you can see it´s flat at both ends at my system

post-32482-0-29331200-1387548222_thumb.j

post-32482-0-58848800-1387548234_thumb.j

well i have tested the areas you have reported and i can´t, see any thing wrong whit it. Based on the test I made. I also tryeid flyeing between the 2 airports and didentse a problem neither by loading a saved flight.. but im till concerned about the terrain you got..

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can confirm the problems, that's what I see at FSIA:
post-12207-0-59886600-1387565478_thumb.j

post-12207-0-91027300-1387565482_thumb.j

Was definitely not the case after installing the addon and flying there at the first time. Settings are as required.

Going to find out what has changed meanwhile (beneath Orbx installs) and will try to do a fresh install.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just did a fresh install and its fixed. will do a flight now to some islands.

EDIT: Did a flight from FSIA to FSPP, saved the flight, closed and opened FSX, loaded the flight and flew to FSSF and everything was fine.

I have no general terrain addons but utx and gex. Will check for conflicting bgl's coming from mytraffic2013. Will also uninstall and reinstall seychelles x.

well i can´t say if it might have a influence but are you sure you have the latest version of UTX as the installler from Flight1 is not the latest it´s 1.1C and the curent is 1.5

so you have to install the 2 latest 1.4 and then 1.5 in order to have the latest.. It seems a bit hidden as normaly flight1 inform you about updates but not in this case and it´s a importan changse in some regions..

update link: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FSX.html

Then you talk about traffic program that could also be a posiblity as i have seen probles whit some at other add-on.. and perhaps that might explane the different elevation if it use a AFCAD file for airports around the world,

and that way fsx ignore the 2 files to prevent this...

Checked: no conflicting utx files.

I do have a fsia bgl from mytraffic2013, but renaming that to xxx.old_bgl and restarting fsx solves nothing. Will try uninstall and reinstall of seychelles later today.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled Seychelles X. FSSF still has the problem of having low mesh versus higher textures.

FSIA seems ok now. pics still here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s592bks8743x08w/EbAiKLnYjs

As far as I can see, Seychelles X has a mesh problem in at least FSSF, sometimes at FSIA and not at FSPP. Haven't checked the other fields though.

ok i just spend half a day on instaling windows vista (dam im happy im not runnig that anymore z Z z..) as well as FSX to get a clean install of the project. So whit the info given i can´t reproduce it.. and lead to no problem whit the project it´self..

It has to be caused by other add-ons. im quite sure.. but where to look i don´t know as if you disable all other airports and that dosent seem to affect AES as well.. no mater how much i wnt to track the problem down i run out of things i could thing of that might cause it.. but to say there is a problem whit: Seychelles X is not true.. i normaly doesnt say so but now i tested on 3 mashines all seem fine.. can be a specific thing but as i read and try re create it i cant even if i remove some files i know, if they are missing can get a effect like you got but no it stil run whit out them..

Archived