export route for Majestic Q400?

You have the option to save a plan inside the Q400 then reload at a later time so why, if the output is in the same format from PFPX and placed in the correct folder, could the plan not be imported as though it were created in the Q400?

Also, don't be so judgemental of the OP and F rude.

Yes.. as say chumley it can save and load a flight plan.. and it is stored in a file in the correct folder inside the plane folder.. So this can be done. And I think this plane is one of bests.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, a little confused here ... so if I understand correctly PFPX will not export a flight plan for use in the Q400?

I believe the path to the location of the flight plan for the Q400 is ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\routes

EDIT: saved a flight plan from within Q400 FMS/FMC ... they are saved in a binary file format with file extension .fpr ... it appears to be a fixed length per waypoint sid/star entry. Can't tell if there is any other format that could be used that is the same? vasFMC?

Rob

Archived