NAV(LNAV) won't engage after TO

Lenair

Hi

I have a strange issue. If on ground or after TO i push the HDG knob (and the AP obviously too) the Airbus won't follow the NAV it stays on HDG mode and the route remains in a dashed line.

V1.16

Wind 7

FSX Acc.

yes, i know if i wanna fly in hdg mode i should only turn it an then the ap will to the rest... but when on ground, and you make a instrumental departure, you shouldn't see any heading numbers ;)

yes, i know if i wanna fly in hdg mode i should only turn it an then the ap will to the rest... but when on ground, and you make a instrumental departure, you shouldn't see any heading numbers ;)

I just encountered this same issue although I didn't engage anything on the ground. After a turn-around in Seattle, I programmed the SUMMA7.SUMMA departure, took off and at about 1500' ASL engaged the autopilot. It went to NAV for a split second then went back into HDG mode. I tried using the DIR TO via the FMS but the same thing happened. I've been repeatedly trying to press the NAV button at various points on the route but it's not responding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All-

I also am having a similar issue...and it appears only after I have used LOC approach. Visual does not return the same error after the turn-around. Has anyone been able to fix the NAV not engaging situation? I am sure I might be missing some fix...but couldn't find it in my usual searches. Thank you guys in advance for any help.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

After a few flights with the Aerosoft Nav Data the problem occours to on some airports. I don't really know why. What I noticed until now listed as follow:

- only after a turnaround

- @ following airports: LHBP, LYPR (BKPR), LPPR

maybe it's an SID thing... what I've noticed too is that when on the FMGS you restore- delete- copy or whatelse you do with the route, sometimes you get an "PPOS" and after that everything turns to normal..

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same issue right now. Flying on HDG mode as NAV kicks out when selected. Seems to occur on the second sector... maybe something in the FMGS isn't resetting during a turnaround?

• 5 weeks later...

In my case same issue without turnaround.

I Took off pressed heading and instead of Lnav it gives me heading with a dot next to it.

Only fix I found is direct to next waypoint but it also sometimes doesn't work.

I notice that on the ND the waypoint EGG (?) is active, but in the FMS the waypoint NIRAL is highlighted. Is that due to the different times you made the screenshots at, or is there indeed a discrepancy between the ND an de FMS?

• 1 month later...

Give this a try after you land..

Go to the right FMS,

Click ACFT STATE,

Load TURN AROUND.

After you do that you can setup the flight and it should work fine, just don't forget to disconnect the GPU and remove the wheel chocks. ;) The aircraft has a glitch where it doesn't see the new route and thinks it has hit a discontinuity so it puts the aircraft back into HDG because it doesn't know where to go next (that is how it seems). I hope they fix it soon..

Give this a try after you land..

Go to the right FMS,

Click ACFT STATE,

Load TURN AROUND.

After you do that you can setup the flight and it should work fine, just don't forget to disconnect the GPU and remove the wheel chocks. ;) The aircraft has a glitch where it doesn't see the new route and thinks it has hit a discontinuity so it puts the aircraft back into HDG because it doesn't know where to go next (that is how it seems). I hope they fix it soon..

I will check this.

Archived