Mathijs Kok

Free high end Catalina Island X!

It is gone now Mathijs after landing in a different plane. Maybe it was because of the plane or I had to land for one time. But still a weird bug.

It is gone now Mathijs after landing in a different plane. Maybe it was because of the plane or I had to land for one time. But still a weird bug.

Mmmm didn't we have a similar issue at Lukla?

Mmmm didn't we have a similar issue at Lukla?

If I recall right yes. Not a surprise though because those sloped runways are designed based on a workaround that may not work entirely the same way in P3D. Meaning it might be necessary to restart the flight at the same location again after finding yourself under the runway upon starting the flight (just by selecting the same airport again).

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

For some reason I can't download it, if I press the shopping cart button it comes up with "Empty basket" instead of adding it to the cart :/ any ideas why?

For some reason I can't download it, if I press the shopping cart button it comes up with "Empty basket" instead of adding it to the cart :/ any ideas why?

Mmmm not really. What browser are you using?

Catalina KAVX is great but I don't see a CTAF or tower freq in my ATC box. Is it just my installation or does anyone else have the same issue? (I am using USCitiesX_LA not the demo) Is the comm info contained in the AF2_KAVX.bgl file?

Obie

Is the comm info contained in the AF2_KAVX.bgl file?

It is, but FSX's ATC box can't show it for sloped runways.

Sascha

Thanks Sascha. Those darned sloped runways confuse our silly FSX. Just wanted to confirm if I was missing anything or had a corrupted file. Anyway great job as usual.

Obie

I also have a question regarding KAVX.

I would like to use this airport with MegaSceneryEarth California. This way I'm using the satelite images of MegaSceneryEarth for Catalina Island instead of the ones that are included in KAVX.

So the question is which or what file(s) do I have to disable in the KAVX scenery to not use the aerial images that are included for Catalina Island in KAVX?

Jon