Auto Brake issue Ver. 1.15

CaptBmckay

Greeting Fellow Captains,

Airbus X extended ver 1.15 works like a dream except for one issue. When Landing my auto brakes dont work. I have never had this issue on the other versions. I select Low, arm the spoilers and perform my normal landing procedures. My wheels touch down. I see the read fsx brake message appear for 1 sec on the lower part of my screen and thats it. I have to manually brake and reverse to get the beauty to stop. Any suggestions? Maybe reinstall? Thanks guys for your help and thank you Aerosoft for a wonderful product.

Have the same problem. Sometimes the autobrake works fine and many times it doesn't work at all (see my earliers post in the diverse systems forum). I checked as many things as possible (brake-axis setting on my joystick etc.). Mayby someone could look at the abrk.xml?

Same issue here. The first couple of flights I thought I had forgotten something but glad to see I am not the only one. I also had the brakes heat up also which was kind of cool to know that that function really does work as does the fan to cool them off. On a recent flight and after landing I also encountered a beeping that I could not figure out. I manually cleaned up after landing and it still didn't go away. So I am wondering if it is related to the brake issue.

This is an obvious question, but I note that nobody has asked it or mentioned it ...

If you tap or touch your brakes in any way during the rollout, the autobrake function will disengage. Depending on your setup, this can occur (inadvertently) if you are using rudder pedals to steer the aircraft down the runway to keep it on the centre line. (This would be especially true for crosswind landings.)

So, the question is this ... Are you guys perhaps touching/tapping your brakes, and thus disengaging the autobrakes?

I know that by touching brakes the autobrake will be turned of. So when the autobrake is functioning there is no need to use brakes. The strange thing is, that this part of the software seems to have it's own mind. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I checked many different parameters (no weather, ASE, heavy scenery, default scenery, autoflight with flightplan, manual flight etc.) during many flights and I can't figure out why.

I assume that you apply reverse thrust after landing, right?

The autobrakes are made to reach a certain deceleration rate after landing and they do not apply a constant brake power as autobrakes from other manufacturers do. So if you apply reverse thrust after landing and reach this deceleration rate your autobrakes will not apply wheel braking.

Therefore, does the same 'problem' appear when you do not use reverse thrust after landing?

The mysterious autobrake behavior is solved for me, thanks Emi! The autobrake only works when the throttles are set to zero (idle). That's the case during the start (max autobrake/RTO): when you set the throttles in the take off mode and then in case of an emergency back to idle, the autobrake sets in. The Airbus throttles don't have seperate handles for reverse thrust. So you only can use the reservers (move the throttles) after the autobrake is functioning completely (a few seconds after the nosewheel touches the runway I think). And because of the critical zero-setting of the throttles I set in my joystick the same null zone for the throttle-axis as described in de manual for the other axis (ailerons, elevator & rudder). So I am a happy pilot with a bug-free Airbus and (only for Emi: a gold C with two diamonds)...

Archived