• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 7:42 AM, KAPTEJNLN said:

Aerosoft A319 operation 

Please login to display this image.

I like those for some reason....

On 5/28/2017 at 7:45 AM, DetCord said:

I like those for some reason....

Perhaps because it is your livery´s, as far as I remember ^_^ But sadly also the last from my old PC..

As currently I got no PC :( only this old laptop from the past, that cant even run well, but is how it is due to life situation, that is far from bright, but that is another story, which is frustrating and can´t seem to find a full time job/education for living.

But thanks for the kind words my friend, as I am happy you like them.

• 3 weeks later...

Some screenshot from Norway with PTA ( Thomat settings v2.0) , FTX Global, FTX EU Norway, all maxed out in p3d v4.

Thank you for watching.

Hey Det,

After seeing your screens of the 773F....I tired looking up real world articles on the upcoming -300 freighter and could not find anything.

Is this a real future aircraft series from Boeing or an "Artist's conception"?;).  Regardless great screens AND paint!...and if its coming in the future....I'll certainly be flying it!

The 777F is currently my favorite aircraft to fly, and LH is probably my favorite airline to fly (and paint).  I recently painted every the 747-400 Lufthansa ever flew on the PMDG model, even a fictional 747-400 freighter (all available at Avsim).

If you want a photo tail I painted for my 777s and 747s (well, its actually the texture I use for every LH I've painted, from the EMB-195 on up), just let me know I I can send you the textures for your paint projects,

Here is what she looks like on the 777F:

And on the 747

Shoot me an IM if you'd like to use 'em.

Regards,

Steve Dra

On 6/30/2017 at 10:07 AM, steve dra said:

Hey Det,

After seeing your screens of the 773F....I tired looking up real world articles on the upcoming -300 freighter and could not find anything.

Is this a real future aircraft series from Boeing or an "Artist's conception"?;).  Regardless great screens AND paint!...and if its coming in the future....I'll certainly be flying it!

The 777F is currently my favorite aircraft to fly, and LH is probably my favorite airline to fly (and paint).  I recently painted every the 747-400 Lufthansa ever flew on the PMDG model, even a fictional 747-400 freighter (all available at Avsim).

If you want a photo tail I painted for my 777s and 747s (well, its actually the texture I use for every LH I've painted, from the EMB-195 on up), just let me know I I can send you the textures for your paint projects,

Regards,

Steve Dra

There was talk about a 3F variant some time back but nothing ever came of it, for obvious reasons. I mean its payload cap would be around the same as the 7F, so it doesn't serve much purpose as is. Still, I wondered what one would look like so I spent a few minutes doing one. This was actually done for the CS T7 as I had already done several LH liveries for it and because the exterior modeling is superior to that of PMDG. Of course that comes at a cost of performance. Might have to toss it on the PMDG 773 just to see what it looks like now that you mention it.

I can't even recall the last time I did anything for a heavy or PMDG. I guess it would be the proposed C-77 that was canned by the DoD and a request for a LH livery. But other than those, I think that's it.

17 hours ago, DetCord said:

There was talk about a 3F variant some time back but nothing ever came of it, for obvious reasons. I mean its payload cap would be around the same as the 7F, so it doesn't serve much purpose as is. Still, I wondered what one would look like so I spent a few minutes doing one. This was actually done for the CS T7 as I had already done several LH liveries for it and because the exterior modeling is superior to that of PMDG. Of course that comes at a cost of performance. Might have to toss it on the PMDG 773 just to see what it looks like now that you mention it.

I can't even recall the last time I did anything for a heavy or PMDG. I guess it would be the proposed C-77 that was canned by the DoD and a request for a LH livery. But other than those, I think that's it.

Thanks Det.

What really got me thinking it was going into production was the Launch Customer logo....I think it looks great on the bird (and breaks up that looooong white fuse with nothing else on it, hehe).

I still have a copy of your C-77, you did a great job on it!

3 hours ago, steve dra said:

Thanks Det.

What really got me thinking it was going into production was the Launch Customer logo....I think it looks great on the bird (and breaks up that looooong white fuse with nothing else on it, hehe).

I still have a copy of your C-77, you did a great job on it!

Yeah mate, I felt that having the mid section of the fuse bare wasn't going to work, so I added a fake type of logo. 

The vert stab on your 74 looks great. Really adds to the overall livery.

1 hour ago, DetCord said:

Yeah mate, I felt that having the mid section of the fuse bare wasn't going to work, so I added a fake type of logo. 

The vert stab on your 74 looks great. Really adds to the overall livery.

Good choice of logos too...looks just like it should. :)

Thanks for the comment on the vertical tail.  I know there are discussions/opinions about painted-on reflections, and I generally don't prefer them as most others.  However, relying on the sim-engine to provide actual reflection replication on a dark, vertical surface is not going to happen other than to put a "clear coat" reflection over a flat background color. It looks neither appealing or realistic.  Until the rendering engine can be told that the monotone, dark color has glossiness built into its pigment and renders it as such, we'll never see true shininess with dark colors.

A good way to demonstrate this spray paint the left half an object (a non-porous one) with a flat, dark color.   Then spray a hi-gloss clear coat over it a few times.  Next, get a hi-gloss can of paint in the same color as the flat color you painted and spray it on the other half of your object (letting them dry between coats of course).

When its fully dry, tilt the object in the sunlight to see the look of the 2 sides at varying angles. What you see on the left is what we have in flightsim now.  And you'll notice it looks nothing like the right side, which is how a dark, shiny surface would look on the real plane. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

A regional flight today from Humberside (EGNJ) up to Aberdeen (EGPD) in the Q400.

Hooking up the push back truck although with a light load of just twenty three passengers a good push by hand might do!

Watch the props!

....and we are good to go....

See you in Scotland!

11 hours ago, DetCord said:

OK...that screenshot should win an award!

Considering making it my desktop background. :)

Is that a fictional paint Det?  Could not find that airline online.  I really like the color scheme though!

We are thankful that Detcord never participates in screenshot contests EVERY month :) or otherwise he would have won PRACTICALLY EVERY AIRPORT SCENERY that Aerosoft has in its stock.

1 minute ago, ajpongress said:

They decided to shoot off some fireworks for my arrival. :D

OMG AJ......De ja vu?

I'm painting this American Eagle -900 and was checking night textures...and what did I see in the background?

That is one of my favorite routes...along with KLAX/KLAS (great flight when you don't have a lot of time to fly). Coupled with FSDT airports, Orbtz So Cal, etc....simply stunning as dawn and dusk going over the mountains, rounding the curve heading to PRINO just over the dam and lake Mead...simming nirvana with P3dV4!

(And the new Titan I picked up really helps too :lol:)

Really liking her too....Doing more painting than flying (what else is new?) but will take her on more flights soon.

Great shots BTW...she's very photogenic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...