Profile for major addon

As many of PFPX costumer I try to set all my beloved add-on in particular the 737-700NGX to meet weight and quantity for every flight.
My virtual airline web dispatch is really generous on fuel.
On a flight from KJFK with headwind I took off with 12018 LBS and landed with 5468 lbs where the reserve was 3K Lbs.
With PFPX I can't get right number If I use ICAO rule I am always on reserve, if I use USA or europe rule I can get more then 10K on reservoir.

Due the fact that many of beta tester tested this software, I would imagine they used this aircraft.

Why there is not a good profile or at list a description to setup correctly all info needed.

Until now I follow some direction on AVSIM, where post like this really help

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422312-pfpx-weight-data/

But still struggle with fuel and altitude.

Maybe a thread like a tutorial to concentrate all method to finalize the setup for every addon would be fantastic.

For example I read in PFPX forum, from Christian post, that you can tweak the profile with info like fuel flow but I don't know how to use such info.

Do I have to fly with no wind at various altitude and check the fuel flow or use wind component? etc.

PFPX it's a great tool but without setup for major addon is useless, Topcat is in the same boat.

I understand that having performance data for each aircraft is difficult and create them is time consuming,

but PFPX after more then 2 years of development it would be obvious that would need to be compatible with the addon market or not?

Thank' s for any input

You can easily adjust fuel burn values by using the 'Evaluate' button in the aircraft editor.

• Start your Flight Simulator
  • Set up a stabilized cruise flight at a normal cruise altitude
  • Enter Winds, Temperature, Speed, Weight, Fuel burn from your Flight Simulator in the PFPX 'Evaluation' window
  • A new 'Bias' value is calculated and can be used for further planning

Hi Christian, is there any possibility to read out the current fuel consumption from FSX? I can only evaluate the BIAS to the 2nd digit (for example 5.4t per hour). But PFPX need all digits to get an more exactly BIAS... Thanks in advance!

To be extremely accurate, you could go to the Flight Simulators Aircraft/Payload and Fuel settings and note fuel on board.

Now run Flight Simulator for 5 minutes (1/12 of an hour) and multiply the fuel difference with 12.

However, it would be much closer to reaility if you figure out your bias by analyzing a series of flights, starting with a conservative bias value.

Hello Christian,

To be extremely accurate, you could go to the Flight Simulators Aircraft/Payload and Fuel settings and note fuel on board.

Now run Flight Simulator for 5 minutes (1/12 of an hour) and multiply the fuel difference with 12.

However, it would be much closer to reaility if you figure out your bias by analyzing a series of flights, starting with a conservative bias value.

That isn't a very practical way to readout the fuel consumption for those who flying online... I mean, everytime I look in payload menu, it would casue the sim to pause for one minute or so but other traffic is still flying and it could end in a midair crash...

Do you need to be online for getting fuel burn figures , or for a test flight ?

Just make an offline flight with no AI traffic , no ATC , under ISA WX conditions ... Your simulator is very capable for this .

Archived