SkyMAXX Pro Cloud Engine Information

JohnMAXX

Hello everybody!

I have seen some discussion of SkyMAXX Pro over here on the German forum so I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with some infromation pertaining to this add-on. As you may or may not know this is a completely new cloud system that works in conjunction with the default weather engine in X-Plane.

Lets kick off this thread with some images and videos, I hope to answer any question you may in the hopes of brining you a complete picture of what SkyMAXX Pro has to offer.

OK this is a series showing time of transitions in sim;

VTi2te2.jpg

J7kQvwD.jpg

u7Ig3PP.jpg

QUfn0in.jpg

maBxoGo.jpg

SkyMAXX Pro uses its own cloud shaders that have been tweaked to work in conjunction with the default sky colors.

Next up here are two images highlighting those crepuscular rays (god rays);

akiAVfD.jpg

xNc72O2.jpg

I have them set pretty high in the user interface, as you can see it adds a very dramatic effect to the sim....

This next image shows how light mapping works with lighting inside the cumulnimbus cloud layers;

zr3aOAt.jpg

And finally I included a nice user interface;

QUe7veQ.jpg

I thought it was important to add this for a few reasons, first it helps all users tweak SkyMAXX Pro for performance, and it also gives the user control over the whole appearance of SkyMAXX Pro.

Users will also have the ability to add their favorite sky colors or to add custom cirrus textures. Scenery is a very subjective topic and giving the end user total control should help everyone find a balance between performance and visual appeal.

OK, last up are a series of videos I completed yesterday, sorry if they are not the most interesting but I think they do a good job of shwoing the more dynamic aspects of SkyMAXX Pro....

Cloud Movement:

Flying and SkyMAXX Pro:

Ok, there you have it a basic overview of what SkyMAXX Pro will offer....I hope you enjoy this post and feel free to ask me any questions.......

Hello John,

looks good.....

In the german forum we think about "cloud shadows"... Is it implemented in the SkyMAXX?

And do you have a plan of the release?

Greets

Cloud shadows will not be implmented in our V1 release.....Problem right now is the datarefs are not exposed so we can't make this happen. But with that said the SDK does have cloud shadows in it, and once we have access I hope to implement those in a future release.....

As far as a release, I'll say very soon ;)

Archived