Go-around phase - "More Drag" MSG

AdrianoN

When I initiate a Go-Around procedure, the aircraft climbs to its GA Path perfectly but, I get "More Drag" message on PFD. I don't why it's showing. I recorded this problem:

Tested with Airbus V1.15.

Why did you activate approach phase so early after go around?

First you have to do the clean up after the go around and climb to the missed approach altitude. If you active the approach phase with the flaps extended the A320 wants to reduce to F speed which is way too low for a new approach, ATC etc etc.

First you have to do the clean up after the go around and climb to the missed approach altitude. If you active the approach phase with the flaps extended the A320 wants to reduce to F speed which is way too low for a new approach, ATC etc etc.

But If I continue climbing, without activating the approach phase, my Airbus gets "TOGALK"(ALPHA FLOOR) message on PFD. the AXE copilot sets flap 1 at Thrust Reduction, that's why, I get "TOGALK" message on PFD

TOGA lock has nothing to do with the approach phase and it doesn't change alpha prot and alpha floor. With AP engaged and the correct flap retraction schedule the A320 should never ever go into TOGA lock!!!!

So help me out here. As soon as I set my thrust levers to TOGA, I do: gear up and flap 3, right? At Thrust Reduction Altitude, I set to flap 1 and continue to climb? Thanks for you patience!

1.As soon as I set my thrust levers to TOGA, I do: gear up and flap 3, right?

2. At Thrust Reduction Altitude, I set to flap 1 and continue to climb?

1. Correct. (or in case of a conf 3 appr flaps 2)

2. Only if the thrust reduction altitude is identical with the acceleration altitude (which it normally is). Easy to recognize because the the managed speed jumps up to a much higher speed.

If it's only the thrust reduction altitude the speed bug stays at the same position.

Passing F speed you can retract the flaps from 3 to 1 and passing S speed from 1 to 0.

Hope that helps :)

I

1. Correct. (or in case of a conf 3 appr flaps 2)

2. Only if the thrust reduction altitude is identical with the acceleration altitude (which it normally is). Easy to recognize because the the managed speed jumps up to a much higher speed.

If it's only the thrust reduction altitude the speed bug stays at the same position.

Passing F speed you can retract the flaps from 3 to 1 and passing S speed from 1 to 0.

Hope that helps :)

I did what you said. At Thrust Reduction, I set flap 1, but no success. Look this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFuPtKV84o&feature=youtu.be

Now that's a weird one. That certainly shouldn't happen....but even with the actived approach phase the speed shouldn't drop below S speed with flaps 1 !!!

Now that's a weird one. That certainly shouldn't happen....but even with the actived approach phase the speed shouldn't drop below S speed with flaps 1 !!!

Can you test if this happens with you?

It seems like at Thrust Reduction, the power stops for a few secs and that moment, the speed drops a lot, because the aircraft continues to climb to GA altitude, leading to FLOOR.

Observation......go around accelerations and flap retraction works perfect if you are in selected HDG. Seems it doesn't work in managed NAV.

During one go around (managed) the A320 started going in circles instead of following the missed approach track.

@ AdrianoN

Just tested, I've got the same problem at this airport.

@ roots88

please don't hijack this thread.

Do you think Josuha is gonna fix this bug? I'm new on this forum. I hope he sees this thread.

Observation......go around accelerations and flap retraction works perfect if you are in selected HDG. Seems it doesn't work in managed NAV.

During one go around (managed) the A320 started going in circles instead of following the missed approach track.

Do you think Josuha is gonna fix this bug? I'm new on this forum. I hope he sees this thread.

Archived