Update to V 1.08

Hi Richard

I just installed the update and had no issues at all........ what antivirus program are you using. I suspect it detected a false positive and for some reason must have quarantined the program.....hence you not finding the application.

Ran a virus check on the update file and definitely no viruses found.

Roy

Sounds like AVG is having an issue as both of you are using AVG...... I have Trend Micro and it did not find any malware at all.

Probably an idea to wait for flightsimsoft to give their opinion here or create a support ticket.

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

A typical false positive, which can be ignored. Ahmm maybe you should use a better virus scanner. ;)

AVG is known for its many false positive.

A typical false positive, which can be ignored. Ahmm maybe you should use a better virus scanner. ;)

AVG is known for its many false positive.

Well I just re installed v 1.07 no problems. I found v 1.08 application in the AVG virus vault, when I released it still had the same problems with virus warnings and administrator rights, so I can only assume there is some glitch in 1.08, as 1.07 and all previous updates installed OK

I'll stay with 1.07

Richard

Some of the malware and antivirus software have to be taken with a grain of salt..... the same goes for certain registry cleaners.

For example, I tried a malware detection software which was supposed to be highly recommended however when it checked my drive it told me there were 20 directory file errors, 3 registry issues and no cookies stealing my details.

On investigating the so called issues every single one of them was a false positive and if I had done the recommended purge three of my games would no longer work.

Does anyone remember the days when software would recommend that antivirus be deactivated during install of the software to prevent the antivirus interfering with the install...... well I still believe in that to a degree as long as you know the software you are installing is from a reputable company.

Roy

Graig even if you diable AVG for installation, it will inform you on virus the first instance you run PFPX or when you reboot PC. This was the case with me. Solution was to exlude all PFPX folder from AVG scanning.

Mine 1.08 runs perfect. Nothing from Panda Cloud. Just did an extra check with Panda on PFPX install dir and nothing. Just a clean report.

I had AVG in the past but uninstalled it. Caused me a lots of problems. It was the free version.

Kaspersky is the best from what I have heard from people in the business. So when I have some money left over I will get it.

/Per W

Sweden

Archived