MCPU Waypoint Mismatches

Orez

Hello Everyone,

I've just been getting used to flying the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 and up until now I have enjoyed the experience. However, during the last two flights in particular, from LIRF, [Rome] to EGLL, [Heathrow], I have been "tearing my hair out" trying to program the MCPU without getting the message AWY WAYPOINT MISMATCH. I have tried installing the exact same waypoints into my NGX 737 and it accepts them no problem.

Yes, I flew the training flight and I had the document by my side to help guide me, just in case I was doing something wrong.

I finally found a flight plan that fitted in nicely. I traced it using the PLAN Mode for any Disco's or weird things. There were none and the route came down on a gradual approach to Heathrow 27L. All went well until just after I had cleared my STAR. The next waypoint led to nowhere!!!

This had not shown up when I traced the route using PLAN Mode. Fortunately I was able to save 150 souls by some nifty manual guess work and airmanship.

I tried to load a route from Heathrow to Glasgow today. However, AWY WAYPOINT MISMATCH popped it's ugly head up again on a well known airway. I'm at a loss to know what is going on with this recent purchase of mine. Is the Nav Data up to date?? Has any one else had these problems?

Please help if you can.

Orez

What AIRAC are you using (version and provider)?

Please give ma an example of the mismatch.

Hi Mopperle,

The AIRAC is NavData Pro. I only bought the software last week! The version is 1.10. When I go to enter AIRWAYS there will be one or two waypoints that are not in the database, thus causing the AWY WAYPOINT MISMATCH sign. In this case: [EGLL WOBU3G.WELIN UT420 TNT UN57 POL UN601 ROBBO ROBO1 EGPF], The waypoint UT420 is not recognised by the MCDU navdata base and disrupts the whole flight plan. I can't be any more specific I'm afraid.

I'm beginning to think the old saying: "If it ain't Boeing, it ain't going" might be true.... :help_s:

Cheers,

Orez

• Deputy Sheriffs

UT420 is not a waypoint but an airway!

I strongly recommend you to work through the step-by-step guide. Allmost everything is explained in this tutorial.

EDIT:

Don't know where you got the routestring above, as it is completely wrong:

- UN601 ROBBO can't work, as ROBBO is not a wpt on this airway.

- don't know what ROBO1 should be, STAR, Transition...? At least according to actual charts, there is no such procedure.

And when you can type it into your NGX and it works there, then you are obviously using an old AIRAC.

Yes, you're right, UT420 is supposed to be an airway not a waypoint. I did mean airway. I did mention that I was entering data into "airways".

Yes, I have worked through the step-by-step guide. If the data I'm searching for in relation to the flight plan I'm trying to enter is not in the MCDU, then I have to look for alternatives. However, if the alternatives don't work either, something must be wrong. I feel it has to be the nav data or AIRAC cycle.

The slightly varying routes came from three different and reliable sources: FSBuild, VRoute and a well-known VA. Believe me, I have tried many alternative routes to this same destination and they all utilise UT420 but for some reason this is rejected and not recognised by the Aerosoft MCDU. Rwy 27L at EGLL accepts the FP SID but not the airway. ROBO1 would obviously be a transition. ROBBO is the STAR for the western approach to Rwy 05 at Glasgow.

You are probably right about UN601, although I think you can use it with all STARs servicing north bound traffic. Here's another FP from VRoute which also utilises airway UT420 and UN601: WOBUN3F WOBUN DCT WELIN UT420 TNT UN57 POL UN601 MARGO DCT. Granted, the STAR is different but the main problem remains with UT420. That single airway is the main "spanner in the works"!

Orez

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok just checked it and I have no problems with the route above:

When you choose rwy 27R and SID WOBUN3F, you then have to scroll down to the last wpt, WOBUN, click on the left LSK next to WOBUN and you get this:

post-12207-0-13770000-1380029174_thumb.j

Here you enter WELIN in the field NEXT WPT, you get 3 choices and coose the first one

back in the plan you click the left LSK next to WELIN and type in now the airway UT420, wpt TNT and so on. And there is no mismatch:

post-12207-0-42635500-1380029175_thumb.j

And again, there is no STAR ROBBO, it is a wpt. Have a look at the actual chart, there are only GOW1A/CD. Would you might mean is what you read under General information item #4

EG_AD_2_EGPF_7-1_en_2013-07-25.pdf

Archived