PFPX, ETOPS, PMDG777 - Part 2 (Flightdeck)

Hello again,

This is part two of my PFPX and PMDG777 ETOPS and ocenic guide.

Part 2: In the flight deck

etopsoca_part2_cover_zps0000bead.jpg

Deals with how to integrate PFPX OFP information in the flight deck for ETOPS and oceanic procedures. I hope you will find it useful, and that it gets you started well,

Best regards,

Belisar

etopsoca_part2.pdf

Download Missing ???

Bill T

Hello again,

Part one was downloaded almost 500 times. I did not expect that. I hope that you found it useful. Here is Part 2, which deals with how to integrate PFPX OFP information in the flight deck for ETOPS and oceanic procedures. I hope you will find it useful, and it will get you started well,

Best regards,

Belisar

I have now read both documents and they are excellent, thanks for making these available. There are a few very minor typo's which are of no concern, however, there is one error that I think you should correct as it may confuse some people. You incorrectly typed the Max ZFW rather than the planned ZFW on page 4

ZERO FUEL WEIGHT - This is what you put in the PMDG Payload menu 209106 (This is how I do it) [This number should be 206387 which you highlight correctly and also enter into the FMS correctly.]

thanks again, nice document in advance of Cross the Pond.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words. I am glad you liked the read and I am also very happy with how it was received. I really enjoyed writing these guides. If time allows with work etc, there will be another guide on North Atlantic flights, and the next ones will be related to Pacific operations, flights over mountainous areas and a guide that is going by the title of "How to make cruise interesting, without leaving the flight deck" in my mind. They will still be based on how I get the most out of PFPX in a variety of situations, be that on its own or coupled with other utilities/res and around the 777/747 flight decks. No time frame though as I will try to avoid typos and spelling mistakes as much as possible as well as improve the quality of the information presented. I rushed these ones a little (as my neck can attest) because I thought that they would help users quickly get the most out of PFPX and the PMDG 777, integrate them together and present those who still do not have these two in their computers a small part of what they can do.

I believe that PFPX coupled with advanced add on aircraft like the PMDG 777LRX, provides a new dimension to flight sim, which one alone would not 100% achieve without the other. Again, I am hardly a "know-it-all" in the subject, so they are merely a visual and textual representation of the knowledge I have been gathering through the last 10 years by being part of this "huge and amazing community", to quote Ivan.

So thank you again, and I hope that I the upcoming guides I manage to write, will be of service to you as well,

Best regards,

Belisar

I just started reading your 1st manual, and I wanted to thank you for your generous contribution. I have been waiting for a proper tutorial of this very complex software for some time, and understandably, I was not expecting any kind of guide to come out soon as there is a lot for us non professionals to pour over and absorb, and without any insight from the professionals, this is a rather arduous task.

I was going to plan my next long haul in the 777, KMSP to RJAA tonight, but I'm first going to study your two guides first so that I can do some justice to the PFPX plans!

1. It was a mistake on my side ;) It was initially wrong even in the calculations, but I corrected them after Patrick noticed it.

2. No it doesn't. I think someone came up with SRD routes to be imported in PFPX in the forum here. However, I use SIM SRD and it doesn't add much workload to do so.

The bit about entering the rte2 info - I'm confused as to how I get the disco? where do i enter the orgin and desination in again? after entering the critical point? if i enter it on page 1 of rte2 it clears what i have already entered? is there a typo or step missing there?

You enter origin and destination on RTE2 page 1, before entering other data.

In the example the discontinuity is created after CYYT by FMC logic, however, to get a discontinuity, you go to the RTE 2 legs page. You can force a discontinuity by adding a waypoint (one is created right after) or deleting one that you entered (discontinuity replaced the deleted waypoint).

• 2 weeks later...

Belisar, THANK YOU!!! :bow_down2_s:

You have done a really good job.

Complex theory - good explained.

Until i ´ve read your 2 tutorials, i didn´t grasp the basics how much potential there is, in combination of PFPX and the T7 (FMC Entries, etc...)

If time permits, i hope you are doing the other mentioned tutorials.

I will read it, definitely.

Kind regards

Hello Maximo,

Thank you. I am flattered and very happy they were of use to many, or at least a good read :). My current is project is the ETOPS Alternate Handbook (that's what I am calling it because I need to call it something). It is built around a binder concept with data sheets for common and less common ETOPS alternates around the world. The list of airports it will contain is around 100, grouped by region/sub-region so you can quickly find the ones of interest to your route and review ETOPS and normal weather minima for its approaches/runways as well as some statistical weather data and other information of interest (i.e in the example below the approved frequencies used on VATSIM are in bold).

Untitled-2_zps37b2eef4.png

This is going to keep me busy for some time but I also think that it is of most value compare to other things I might do and makes the information in future tutorials easier to adopt to the conditions at hand when you fly. My next tutorial will be similar to a certain extent to Part 2, but will feature a Pacific route and I will try to sneak in some more ground info as well.

Best regards,

Belisar

Archived