Issue with Direct To Waypoints

HI,

I've been looking to create some sub routes based on the UK Standard Routing Document.

I think however I've come across a larger issue which might be inhibiting some good route finding on PFPX's part.

So for this example. I'm looking to route between a waypoint GARMI and EGPK (Glasgow Prestwick). The route traverses the UK south to north.

Route string - GARMI UN867 KATHY ELVOS UT420 TNT UN57 POL UN601 MARGO EGPK

So when opening up the route editor, I place GARMI as my from point to EGPK.

Now I paste into the route box GARMI UN867 KATHY ELVOS UT420 TNT UN57 POL UN601 MARGO which should take me all the way to the airport. I press build and the following route is now displayed where I had originally entered the route string.

GARMI UN867 KATHY

As you can see more than half of the route is missing.

Now I try entering GARMI UN867 KATHY DCT ELVOS however the route it gives me is now GARMI UN867 KATHY DCT HAZEL.

The routing to HAZEL has happened because with the DCT overlay on the world map, there is a direct route from KATHY to HAZEL, not one from KATHY to ELVOS.

Because in the DCT database there is no direct route from KATHY to ELVOS - it is ignored.

When trying to import the route as a text file - CAA001;GARMI UN867 KATHY ELVOS UT420 TNT UN57 POL UN601 MARGO EGPK - the same results are given in that only GARMI UN867 KATHY shows in the route database.

Now the only way to get ELVOS into the route is to add it by inserting in the waypoint field after KATHY and subsequently entering the rest of the route via the drop down airways and waypoint insertion.

For 1 or 2 routes this is ok but there are close to 13000 in the UK Standard route document.

I'm also raising this point as when PFPX auto finds a route, if there is no direct to route in the database, its ignored and finds another way. I'm just wondering how if it all this is affecting some of the routes generated as it could some refinement is needed? This also seems to mirror the issue with finding routes from Europe to the Caribbean that was experience when PFPX was first released.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

I encounter the same problem.

It would be great if PFPX would ignore the dct route database if you create your own routes via the Route Editor. I mean, there is an intention behind it if you add your own routes.

Archived