Name changed on PFPX

Hmm this is a strange issue. I updated to 1.06.2

pfpx_zps8105d38d.png

My name is actually Belisar and it showed correctly before. Not that I mind much, but that is the licence name I guess so I thought of letting you know in case there is issue that needs attention or if other users are experiencing the same.

Hello,

what does it look like in the OFP itself?

°”SAR HOXHOLLI

I think the new update messed it up. This is something I cannot change on my end because it is linked to the activation.

Hello Judith,

No I did not change anything at all. My name does not use any special characters. Before I dragged and dropped the executable for 1.6.02 it was correct. After that it changed to the one in the screenshot. I do not think it interferes with its operation otherwise. I will wait for the installer on Monday and maybe reinstall to see if that fixes it. I am not touching it today and tomorrow because I have 3 ETOPS flights where I intend to abuse PFPX extensive features :D. If on Monday this is not fixed after a re-install, I will get back to you on the thread. By chance I had taken a screenshot of the interface earlier as I was writing something on ETOPS:

etops_zps07d9b580.png

It showed correctly. As you can see I had slightly outdated tracks and weather, and I checked the forum here to see if there was a temporary thing. I became aware of the 1.6.02 patch, downloaded and installed it. Tracks and wx came online, but name was messed up. So there is the long explanation on how it happened. It is not bothering me much, I just thought that with the name being linked to the activation, something might be wrong on the other side of the connection etc. Not a pressing issue, however.

Thanks,

Belisar

Hello again,

1.07 on its own did not fix this. However, I deactivated the licence and then reactivated PFPX and it did fix it. However, when I activated, it notified me that I had now installed PFPX in two devices? I don't get what it means since it is still on the same PC, I just deactivated and activated again.

Rgds,

Belisar

Archived