PFPX exporting plan in rt2 format to the PMDG 777

Hi, I planned a FP for the PMDG 777 today using vers 1.06 and its exported it in .rt2 format instead of .rte format. The 777 FMC won't read the rt2 format.

I haven't changed any thing from 1.05 its just started doing it in 1.06.

Any advice please. I got round it by exporting the plan to the NGX folder and manually copying it over.

Peebee

There are two PMDG options. One is used for the 74x and the other for the 777. I'm not sure which the NGX uses.

NGX and 777 both use the same format. There's options in PFPX to export to the NGX folder.

The only way to export to the 777 FP folder is to browse to it using the NGX link and not the PMDG FP link or you get the wrong format. There isn't a dedicated 777 link.

Got it now, the pennies dropped LOL

Peebee

If you export a FP using the PMDG link it automatically exports it in rt2 format. Using the NGX FP link and browsing to the 777 folder gives you the rte format which is correct for the 777

Peebee

NGX and 777 use the same FP, FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS. You dont need to specify NGX or 777 folder, they both can read directly from FLIGHTPLANS master folder. Choose that one as export destination and save both your NGX and 777 plans there. If you want to export 777 plan then export it as PMDG NGX as they both read .rte files.

NGX and 777 use the same FP, FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS. You dont need to specify NGX or 777 folder, they both can read directly from FLIGHTPLANS master folder. Choose that one as export destination and save both your NGX and 777 plans there. If you want to export 777 plan then export it as PMDG NGX as they both read .rte files.

The 777 FMC reads it route files from the PMDG/Flightplans/777 folder by default. So your .rte needs to be in that folder if you are using the T7. You use the NGX export link but manually browse to the 777 folder and it will export in the correct .rte format.

Peebee

Archived