PMDG 777F Cost Index?

Hi all,

Quick question. Using PFPX to plan my 777F flights I notice when I compute the flight I don't get a cost index. Its either a value of LRC, or mach .84,.86 etc. How do I get it to compute a Cost Index so I can input that info into the FMC.

post-9531-0-07580800-1378827680_thumb.jp

LRC is a function of the aircraft FMS and that is Long Range Cruise, in the 777 CDU, if you look at the VNAV Cruise Page, LSK6R states LRC. If you press that, and i think you then need to Execute, you will have set the Aircraft up to Cruise at LRC.

If you are assigning a Mach Cruise, then again, in the VNAV Cruise Page, you would overwrite the ECON SPD with lets say .84 and Execute to assign a Fixed Mach.

Cheers

Smiffy

Ok i understand the fmc cruise page entry for LRC or whatever pfpx calculates. But during preflight what do i enter for cost index if pfpx is showing lrc as the cruise component. Or do i leave that entry blank? Btw, thanks for the replies

Change it to whatever you like. If you want a Cost Index of 50, type in 50. If you want LRC, set it to LRC, if you want a Fixed Mach cruise, set it to .85 or .84

Cheers

Smiffy

Archived