Autorouting issue EGPF > EGBB

When clicking on the Quick Find Route button after entering the airports above, PFPX calculates a slightly strange route which goes from Glasgow to Birmingham, then to Manchester and then back to Birmingham (screen print attached)?

Maybe the devs could take a look at this when they have a spare moment.

Best regards,

Dennis

post-15874-0-63498400-1378767086_thumb.j

Thanks, but this indicates a further problem with PFPX as the route was auto-generated using the Quick Find Route button.

Best regards

Dennis

You are aware that PFPX doen't automatically generate routes that will validate first time, everytime? Validation tells you what's wrong and it's up to YOU to fix it...

Aaron

-oOo-

I tried your route this morning and got the same result initially, but, if you click on the "find" button then click advanced and use the wind optimised route button you will find the route is then correct

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, so you're saying there isn't a problem with the Quick Find Route function then? Going from Glasgow down to Birmingham, then back up to Manchester, then back to Birmingham is perfectly ok?

The reason I raised the initial problem is that I feel the QFR button should be replicating the steps you mention....otherwise what purpose does it serve?

Best regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis

No quite the opposite, I agree with you regarding the quick route as I said " I tried your route this morning and got the same result " I was offering a solution as a way of getting the correct routeing until a fix can be found.

Best Regards

Bruce

Archived