Maybe a stupid question from a non-pro, but:

Is there any chance to get a flightplan like this:

SID GIMLI UT594 LANPI UT599 GH UT590 BAGTO STAR

..or is this unrealistic?

Best regards,

Chris

Hi

Perhaps you're aware of this, but anyway -

Flights from Iceland to Greenland are operating in MNPS airspace in Reykjavik Oceanic. There are no fix routes as such, but certain routes are mentioned in Iceland AIP, which you can find at http://ww2.caa.is/media/PDF/ENR.pdf

On page ENR1.8-5 you'll find a route KEF-EMBLA - 63N 030W - 61N 040W - OZN, which you might use.

In Greenland AIP http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dsweb/View/Collection-30 the BGBW notes say:

Pilots are urged to flightplan via OSTED and EVABU when heading westbound into BGBW at or above FL 180.

Pilots are urged to flightplan via KUNUL and 61N 040W heading eastbound after BGBW departure at or above FL 180.

The purpose of this flightplanning is to secure oceanic separation in controlled airspace, and enable ATC to maximize the use of flight levels available

in the non radar oceanic airspace.

OSTED and EVABU are described on ENR4.4 in Greenland AIP:

OSTED N62 47 00.00 W042 00 00.00

EVABU N62 19 02.52 W044 00 00.00

Using PFPX to manual build the route I think KEF DCT EMBLA DCT 63N030W 63N040W DCT OSTED DCT EVABU is not a bad one.

Torben

Hello Torben,

thank you very much for this little lesson in airspace operation and routing. I really do not know much about these things, because I'm only a very basic hobby pilot, without any real world experience. I also do not know where to look (which internet addresses) for such airspace/route restrictions/proposals. So I'm really thankful for any new information. Very very interesting.

Thank you,

Chris

Hello Torben,

thank you very much for this little lesson in airspace operation and routing. I really do not know much about these things, because I'm only a very basic hobby pilot, without any real world experience. I also do not know where to look (which internet addresses) for such airspace/route restrictions/proposals. So I'm really thankful for any new information. Very very interesting.

Thank you,

Chris

Searching for + AIP (Aeronautical Information Publication IIRC) is usually a good start. Most large countries have published their AIP on the internet for free.

Archived