Problem getting "export" to work

Greetings all,

I'm a total noob with PFPX, and am kind of learning as I go (and yes, I read the manual :glare_s: ) I seem to be having a problem with the "export" function, probably because the paths are incorrect. The programs I am most likely to use would be my PMDG aircraft (obviously), VATSIM, and Active Sky. I want to 1) have the final route available in the "co route" area of the PMDG planes, 2) be able to be able to "import" the planned route after signing into VATSIM, and 3) be able to import the route into Active Sky.

Right now, the FSX folder shows C:\FSX (This is where it is located on my computer)

Doc folder shows C:\users\Ron\Documents

FSX2004 and XPlane is blank

MS Flight simulator X shows <documents>\Flight simulator X files

PMDG (NGX) shows <FSX>\PMDG\Flightplans

The Squawkbox 2 and VATSIM path currently shows nothing (it's blank)

Appreciate anyone's help.

Many thanks,

Ron

hi ron, dont worry, we are all a bit noobish with PFPX at the moment as its only been out a short while! I imagine your problems may be due to the fact your install directory is different from the default so you will need to update all of your paths within the export function of PFPX. I will do what I can to help you, this is how I would attempt to fix:

1) within PFPX create your flightplan as normal and release the flight, select export when your done from the schedule tab in PFPX, the export window will pop up. click PMDG then browse, you can select your PMDG flightplan folder from there (usually fsx folder/pmdg/flightplans) you can now save your file, PFPX will tell you XXXXXX01 has saved successfully, this is what you would enter into coroute within the fmc

2) not quite sure what you mean but you can click send on the flightplan menu at the top of pfpx (it has a small green wifi sort of logo) which will allow you to prefile your plan. if you mean within squawkbox or fsinn then you will have to wait for another user to help you as i just copy and paste my route into fsinn; always worked for me :)

3) as for active sky, i would export the flightplan within PFPX in flightsimulator format from the export menu then load it into active sky that way you can load the textures for the route your flying, this method will also work with rex.

i do see that the paths are showing correctly, but if you have not manually reset them sometimes this could cause problems. i had problems with the level d until i reset it.

hope this is of some help, let me know if there is anything else i can help you with

Archived